Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$40US Credit for DigitalOcean
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$40US Credit for DigitalOcean

Code: ^PrConf40

Same deal as always, only 1 code per account, no stacking etc..

Source: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/192275

Thanked by 3dosai al3xt angrysnarl

Comments

• Didn't they disallow using codes if you have already used one in the past?

• Yes, one code per account.

• only new account?

• Only accounts that have not used any codes yet

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2015

DO not accept debit or prepaid bank cards.. worse..

• Code for new account???

• dosaidosai Member

Getting "Sorry, this promo is not available for your account at this time."

• al3xtal3xt Member

created a new account in digitalocean, added a credit card, go back to billing, insert promo code, bump! $40 credits readily for me to create any droplet. Not sure the free $40 credits has validity date, but from the look of it there is no validity.

So i proceeded to delete my credit card, but was prompted with a message that says since it's the main payment profile, removing it will also disable the account. Oh well..

• Better prepared, they gonna lock those new user account and asking for waaayyy to much validation to unlocked. lol.

• @al3xt said:
    created a new account in digitalocean, added a credit card, go back to billing, insert promo code, bump! $40 credits readily for me to create any droplet. Not sure the free $40 credits has validity date, but from the look of it there is no validity.

So i proceeded to delete my credit card, but was prompted with a message that says since it's the main payment profile, removing it will also disable the account. Oh well..

One year of validity, as per their recently updated TOS.

• deactivated my old account and created a new one but now i have to do a whole lot of verification ... is this normal ?

• enfield said: deactivated my old account and created a new one but now i have to do a whole lot of verification ... is this normal ?

No, they should be handing out $40 credits to anyone without any verification. And should be giving servers to anyone, without putting any effort to discourage potential abusers. /sarcasm

• @rds100 said:

Just asking because the first time I created the DO account there was no verification required.

• I've made it very simple.. i deleted my account, it was idleing anyhow.. and reopened account again.. and used this promo code, and it worked.

• sinsin Member

@enfield said:
    deactivated my old account and created a new one but now i have to do a whole lot of verification ... is this normal ?

Yeah it's normal, I had forgot I had a Digital Ocean account and I made a new one awhile back using a $15 offer and my account was locked and I was asked why I was signing up for a 2nd account. I told them I had forgot about the first account so I closed that out and just used the one with $15 on it and they were fine with that...still the support dude was kind of a dick and I ended up just using Quadranet instead.

• @Catalin said:
    I've made it very simple.. i deleted my account, it was idleing anyhow.. and reopened account again.. and used this promo code, and it worked.

And what if they find out what you did. Possible termination or suspension, also you will lose your data.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

TheKiller said: And what if they find out what you did. Possible termination or suspension, also you will lose your data.

wat

• TheKiller said: And what if they find out what you did. Possible termination or suspension, also you will lose your data.

Mate, i didn't do anything "illegal", i had no data and no machine running.. i used to invest a large amount of money in their services, but now it was only a ghost account used by me sometimes to host some dns services.. Now, i've made something intelligent and renewed my account with the posibility to use their services another long period. With their bonus and my card ballance.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

TheKiller said: you will lose your data.

Oh the horror of restoring from a daily backup to a different host, this might even take a whole hour.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Worked for me, thanks! I can't believe I haven't claimed a single code on my DO account which I've had for more than a year now.

• Nice, worked for me :)

• CØRECØRE Member
    edited April 2015

Code has expired and Sorry, this promo is not available for your account at this time.

I think it's safe to say it's over...?

Thanked by 1jar
  • Oh well :/

• tcpdumptcpdump Member

Can DO credit be transferred between accounts? I have $20 I'm not using and it's just sitting there..

• J1021J1021 Member

tcpdump said: Can DO credit be transferred between accounts? I have $20 I'm not using and it's just sitting there..

No.

Thanked by 1jar
  • SadySady Member

Weird, they don't accept debit cards :(

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Sady said: Weird, they don't accept debit cards :(

Yeah.. way to lose a lot of business..

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • It took 10h to validatevalidate my account. When then I wanted to use the promo codecode it was expired. I mean come on, I had even to send them a picture of me holding my id.

Thanked by 1earl
  • enfieldenfield Member
    edited May 2015

Well the code was not supposed to be publically shared so they took it off.

Thanked by 1jar