Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM 100Gb/s antiddos mitigation - I am not happy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM 100Gb/s antiddos mitigation - I am not happy

yhuzayhuza Member
edited April 2015 in General

http://gyazo.com/3b278a329352f497d5b3a0c9ecbcf2be

When My Server got Attack with tcp syn..

Server get lagging at minutes and kick all ips

I dont know why voxility mitigation so bad, why need kick all ips befor mitigation :(

buyvm dont have permanent rule protected ? so need attack first and detect

sorry for my bad gramma

i just post about my case, so sad when i saw my server easy lagging

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Did you open up a ticket to discuss the situation? DDOS migration is not a perfect science, adjustments may be necessary. If you want someone who will jump right on the ball and devote full time staff to the problem immediately without conversation, you may want cloudflare's business DDOS protection.

Thanked by 2netomx KwiceroLTD
  • I am pretty sure op didn't open a ticket

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK
  • yhuzayhuza Member

@Jar said:
    Did you open up a ticket to discuss the situation? Ddos migration is not a perfect science, adjustments may be necessary. If you want someone who will jump right on the ball and devote full time staff to the problem immediately without conversation, you may want cloudflare's business ddos protection.

very slow respond from buyvm support

• yhuzayhuza Member

@yhuza said:

• @yhuza said:

It's a weekend (Sunday) so you should expect longer than normal response times.

• yhuzayhuza Member

@xaitmi said:
    It's a weekend (Sunday) so you should expect longer than normal response times.

i think so..

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

comic sans on terminal :')

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yhuza said: i think so..

So you thought it was ok to come here and badmouth them before you even gave them a chance to respond?

You should probably just cancel and go with a fully managed host that offers DDOS protection and <15 minute meaningful response times 24x7, obviously that will cost you around $100 p/month but that is the sort of level of service you seem to be demanding so I guess you wont have a problem with that?

• yhuzayhuza Member

i think yes, i will take cancel the service

• Whey DRAMA!

Thanked by 2yhuza KwiceroLTD
  • Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk!

You get what you pay for.

Thanked by 2netomx KwiceroLTD
  • yhuzayhuza Member

Please Close the thread, cos i get cancel my service at buyvm :)

• yhuzayhuza Member

@PremiumN said:
    Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk!

You get what you pay for.

yes, and i get cheap domain :) at host 1&1 :)

• @yhuza said:

and then open a thread again on how bad 1&1 are :)

Thanked by 3netomx KwiceroLTD lbft
  • yhuzayhuza Member

@PremiumN said:

no have problem with you :) and not ur business ! lets think what you do for you life befor you think about my thread :) here forum publice everyone can open thread :) so like kids bully any people

• J1021J1021 Member

Voxility protection in my experience is heavy handed. It can be easily triggered torrenting at 4Mb/s and when mitigating will drop all UDP and ICMP. Fran reckons he can adjust things like that, so I suggest you open a ticket with BuyVM.

Thanked by 2yhuza KwiceroLTD
  • yhuzayhuza Member

@kcaj said:
    Voxility protection in my experience is heavy handed. It can be easily triggered torrenting at 4Mb/s and when mitigating will drop all UDP and ICMP. Fran reckons he can adjust things like that, so I suggest you open a ticket with BuyVM.

yes i do that already, now i waiting admin for close the thread,

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

We need a big sign o. This board alerting that it is weekend and ticket response is slow

• erkinerkin Member

"Fake" is a big accusation.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Honestly it sounds like you didn't tune your IP from "Sensing" to "Always on" mode in stallion. Voxility's "sensing" mode is normally the default and it can take a bit of PPS for it to recognize a flood.

This is what Stallion's controls look like: http://imgur.com/a/QdMiH

OP likely has/had his IP in sensing mode and since they neither ticketed or read our WIKI, they didn't see the controls.

They over reacted but I'm willing to help OP configure things if they need a hand.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Honestly it sounds like you didn't tune your IP from "Sensing" to "Always on" mode in stallion. Voxility's "sensing" mode is normally the default and it can take a bit of PPS for it to recognize a flood.

This is what Stallion's controls look like: http://imgur.com/a/QdMiH

OP likely has/had his IP in sensing mode and since they never ticketed, he was never or read our WIKI, they didn't see the controls.

They over reacted but I'm willing to help OP configure things if they need a hand.

Francisco

@johnkoozle needs to learn from you.

edited April 2015

kcaj said: Voxility protection in my experience is heavy handed. It can be easily triggered torrenting at 4Mb/s and when mitigating will drop all UDP and ICMP. Fran reckons he can adjust things like that, so I suggest you open a ticket with BuyVM.

Why would you be torrenting over a filtered IP..... I can't fault Voxility for triggering on that, at no point would I expect any DDOS protection provider to make it so a user can still download torrent Back Door Sluts 9 while eating XX Gbit in the face of DDOS.

Francisco

• oalarooalaro Member
    edited April 2015

I don't get why instantly com and badmouth here. From my experience tickets get answered in a normal timeframe. Also they have any IRC, where many people(including fran) are usually more than willing to help solve problems with your buyvm vps.

EDIT: Forgot to add that on IRC there's atleast one person who can help you with some stuff 24/7.

@oalaro said:
    I don't get why instantly com and badmouth here. From my experience tickets get answered in a normal timeframe. Also they have any IRC, where many people(including fran) are usually more than willing to help solve problems with your buyvm vps.

To be fair my father was running a race today so I went to bed at a terrible time and then was out of the house before 7AM to go watch and watch over his belongings. After the whole family went for breakfast I came back home and crashed out from then till 5 minutes before my first reply to this thread.

I normally go to bed around 4AM and get up at 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM. This works nicely on weekdays but on weekends our coverage isn't as solid since we don't have the other guys on shift and Aldryic is spending time with his family too.

Again, as I said, the filtering isn't fake, it's just we have poor documentation for all these cool things we integrate.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • pop96pop96 Member
    edited April 2015

I've been using their services and they're one of the best providers, you are just overreacting.

Thanked by 2Francisco ATHK

What saddens me is no ones picked up my south park reference yet :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • J1021J1021 Member

Francisco said: Why would you be torrenting over a filtered IP..... I can't fault Voxility for triggering on that, at no point would I expect any DDOS protection provider to make it so a user can still download torrent Back Door Sluts 9 while eating XX Gbit in the face of DDOS.

Francisco

The provider I was using only provided filtered IPs? It's not uncommon to use filtered IPs for torrenting, OVH/Online.net etc.

kcaj said: The provider I was using only provided filtered IPs? It's not uncommon to use filtered IPs for torrenting, OVH/Online.net etc.

OVH doesn't really have a sensing mode, from what I could tell they just do some UDP cheese and some minor catching for spoofed SYN. Smells like ACL'ing for the most part.

Anyway, that's a completely valid point that I didn't think of.

Francisco

Thanked by 1J1021
This discussion has been closed.