Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dealing with spam.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dealing with spam.

Hello.
I have a client whose ip is blacklisted on barracuda spam list. However, neither the client nor my d.c complained about this. So, what should i do? Should i send the client a warning and suspend him if he doesn't get unlisted? Or should i stay calm until i receive a complaint from my d.c

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I have an IP that is blacklisted on spamhaus.

I don't allocate it to any customers. If the customer is the reason it got listed in the first place, you need to warn him not to do it again. Or you could remove his service now since he did it once already. I would just leave it alone if the customer hasn't complained.

Make the decision :)

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • I would proactively contact the DC to check whether any complaints have been received against the IP.

Thanked by 1click4easy
  • If your client's IP is in a /32 blacklist on barracuda, and they've been on the IP for a good while (2 weeks I'd suspect), I'd propose that to be evidence of a ToS violation.