Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most annoying thing you discover after signing up with a new host - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Most annoying thing you discover after signing up with a new host

13»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Fudge! Too early man!

It is never too early ! We all know any host will eventually fail, even the giants, it is the natural cycle of life and death of a company, some will last more, some less, but eventually, they will all fail one day or the other, be it from being too small, too big, too greedy, too generous, etc.
    So, at the first signs, move, get a new host which looks like being here for longer. We all know all hosts are pyramid schemes, pump'n'dump and con artists...
    Besides, we can always say we were among the early adopters, we knew the host is set to grow and perform well due to our superior intelligence and vast experience. If we get a VPS with all, eventually we will get the one which is indeed good and set to last at least a few months :D
    M

• Realising that you just signed up for a year long contract when you just wanted a VPS to test a month.

Wooops

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited September 2012

I once read the French article saying, in EU, people are afraid of failing, finger pointing when they fail and that's why the most desirable job for them is working for government, in the US, they encourage people like "you'll do better next time", so next time, they do better, invent most of everything.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2012

Wow, I just noticed with one of my host (very popular european LEB host) something what's beyond annoying.

Some time ago 3 of my little VPSs with this host ended up at same node. I requested migration/spreading - if possible. After some complications today he finally did it and moved one of those 3 VPSs to another node. Great!? Not at all. Because before that he made silent migration and squeezed more (almost all) of my VPSs with this host to one single node. So that 5 of them instead 3 of them (which is bad enough) ended up at same node. "NordicVPS" syndrome - if someone still remember. One node reboot, like this one today... that's just silly...

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I haven't experienced being moved to another node with any of my providers so far

• The one thing i hate the most is when you get a VPS server and the /etc/resolv.conf file isn’t configured right. I've had this happen to me twice in the past; from separate providers.

Thanked by 1jar
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Spirit said: Wow, I just noticed with one of my host (very popular european LEB host) something what's beyond annoying.

Look ma, it's me! :P

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • The never ending phone calls one gets from the likes of GoDaddy, Register.com and Network Solutions. "We will build you a web site for free ... if we can get your CC info ... "

• manmamanma Member
    edited October 2012
    1. Broken templates
    2. The entire staff consists of a kid from a poor east asian country

Good times. I wish I remembered the name of my first VPS provider, because they were worse than shit.