Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cachet - A nice status indicator for your servers/services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cachet - A nice status indicator for your servers/services

For those looking for a new status page, check out Cachet, which is a free alternative to StatusPage.io. Found it a while ago when searching for free alternatives for StatusPage.io and works quite well.

For easy install (beta): https://github.com/StartledPhoenix/openshift-cachet-new

OpenShift setup is working, but is still under beta so it is missing a few features (i.e. updater vs auto updates/etc)

Comments

• Wow. This is really really close to Status.io, which we use for ourselves at work. Very impressive! Don't have a need for it, but good work.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Very cool.

I am interested to see the final product.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

we are using it to display incidents at our web page. It has nice api so it can be modified as you wish.

• This looks really nice :) can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

• Looks good, I like the styling!

• Hey guys, I'm James, the developer behind Cachet.

Thank you so much for your kind comments! If you have any questions, I hope to help you.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@jbrooksuk said:
    Hey guys, I'm James, the developer behind Cachet.

Thank you so much for your kind comments! If you have any questions, I hope to help you.

Hi James,

For begginer User like Me, the Installation Document seemed to be little bit complex.

Btw, Nice Script. I would like to play with it after My Xam ends.

• DeanDean Member

this looks really really good!

• It really look good .........., not sure if use it for porduction servers

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    For begginer User like Me, the Installation Document seemed to be little bit complex.

Installation should be really easy. In our master branch we have Heroku deployment, but we're dropping that. Get it whilst you can.

@martip07 said:
    It really look good .........., not sure if use it for porduction servers

How come?

@jbrooksuk said:
    Hey guys, I'm James, the developer behind Cachet.

I thought it had a Monitoring Service Included but not. I'm sure everyone wants that to be included via Ping Request or Something.

• cassacassa Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I thought it had a Monitoring Service Included but not. I'm sure everyone wants that to be included via Ping Request or Something.

It's opensource, add it yourself :D
    If you can't, you can set an webhook to the API

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

They just provide the status page, you'll have to manually set the status of your site or use an API to check the status.