Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS to Cloudmin KVM module developed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS to Cloudmin KVM module developed

hostdoghostdog Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hello LET community,

We are excited to announce that we have developed a module that can create KVM VPS' via WHMCS to Cloudmin.

We would like to describe what it does and how ti works and we would like from you to suggest new features or to point out some things that should not be included and why.

How it does it

After the module is installed you WHMCS -> Setup -> Products/Services -> Servers and Add a new Server by selecting Hdcloudmin as the type and by typing your cloudmin user and password that want to create the KVMs (and of cource the rest of the info that match your server).

Then in WHMCS -> Setup -> Products/Services -> Products/Services you Create add a new product.
In the module settings after you choose HDcloudmin you have the following settings.

Type (KVM only currently supported. DO you think we should expand it for the rest, openvz, xen etc or the default plugin is enough?)
Setup Type (Only system currently supported. Do you think we should it should support owner too?)
Disk Size (The disk space given to the KVM in MB)
RAM (The memmory that the KVM will use in MB)
CPU (The CPU usage in %)
Bandwidth Limit (The max bandwith. If set to 0 then unlimited)
NIC Speed if over Bandwidth (the speed of the KVM in mb/s if over BW limit. If 0 the KVM will be suspended)

In the Custom Fields you will have to put the field name "operating system" and in the select options to type your OS eg. "kvm-centos6.0-base,kvm-squeeze-base"

What is does

That is really simple. It will create the KVM when it has to, depending on your product settings, with the details you have ordered above.

What the customer gets

When visiting the product in the client area, the customer gets following control buttons:

Restart
Start
Shutdown
Reset (this will reinstall the image)
Show VPS Statistics (This will so in a fancybox inline pop up all the details of the VPS and some Google Charts about its usage)

Here you can see a couple of screenshots, because those are better than words...

screenshot #1
screenshot #2

Would you want to see more statistics?
Would you expect to have more control over the KVM via the client area?
Do you think you could use the module yourself?

We would really like to hear some suggestions from you.

Regards,
Spyros
hostdog.gr web hosting team

Comments

• Hey AsadHaider,

I did.
    How can you read this post in 3 seconds?

Spyros

• Will you give it free?

• @AsadHaider said: Who the hell wrote this crappy post?

Wow dude chill out...

• Hi Sonic,

Thanks for replying.
    We were thinking we should make it REALLY good first.
    Also we think a small fee will be fair or maybe a support and updates plan.
    We will come back with a final answer about this.

Regards,
    Spyros

• For those who have never heard of or used Cloudmin KVM, it's actually been quite stable for me. Works quite well... I use it for KVM development testbeds, and also for provisioning employee vps'es where I work.. @hostdog - Will this work for the GPL version of Cloudmin KVM?

• @twain Yes we use it on a GPL version of Cloudmin!

It is really stable, indeed.
    For example we run a web site on one KVM that has PHP, mySQL, custom CMS with 400 visitors per day. RAM never went over 100MB. It is at 70MB average.

I forgot to mention that you can see the VPS statistics via the product page in the admin too. We need to apply some css to fix the layout on this tho.

Also we made it this way so Statistics are shown on request, so the main KVM control will not take long to load.

• @hostdog - cool - is your linked website the one that is running on it? BTW, very clean and attractive website, great job.

• @twain Thank you!!!
    We still want to make it more user friendly.
    Well, we will not stop until we think it's perfect (and we know that is something that may never happen :) )

The website running on this KVM is on a different server.
    Our main website, the one linked, runs on a dedicated server, not on a VPS.

• Will you set your project open source?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@hostdog nice one, I was actually VERY close to switching to cloudmin with Xen a few months ago, the thing that stopped me? cocking around with the WHMCS client settings etc etc so if you want to develop a Xen version I will use/buy it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Zen said:
    master necro

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @catding said:
    Will you set your project open source?

Yes! :)

@AnthonySmith said:
    hostdog nice one, I was actually VERY close to switching to cloudmin with Xen a few months ago, the thing that stopped me? cocking around with the WHMCS client settings etc etc so if you want to develop a Xen version I will use/buy it.

We feel you!

We want to let you know that we plan to release the provision script till the end of February. We haven't add any significant features since our first post, but we can tell it just works for us.

Of course please expect that pre-production tests from your side will need to take place, we are unable to offer you support at this point, use it at your own risk, common logic disclaimer etc.

Best regards,
    Panagiotis