Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commercialmedia? Anyone used them? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Commercialmedia? Anyone used them?

1235»

Comments

• ooo.

I'll see what their lowest end server they have is that also has 4 or more drive bays, and I'll grab one for backup up stuff.

• @Spencer said: AC is 'portable' units like the one below

Well that just reminds me of this bad boy.

• @ElliotJ Aww it's Noo-noo :) That brings back good memories!

• PhilNDPhilND Member
    edited October 2012

@ElliotJ Not gonna lie, choked on my morning coffee when i saw that! haha

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @ElliotJ said: Well that just reminds me of this bad boy.

@AsadHaider said: @ElliotJ Aww it's Noo-noo :) That brings back good memories!

yes, i wonder what that was called? old days :)

• Do they have plans for monolithic A/C? My experience with those roll-around A/C units is that they're not very durable... although it was in an industrial setting.

• @Damian said: Do they have plans for monolithic A/C? My experience with those roll-around A/C units is that they're not very durable... although it was in an industrial setting.

From what I gathered not in their Current DC, but when they finish up the new DC in innercity Baltimore it will have proper A/C

• flyfly Member

holy shit they are so much cheaper than datashack. what is this!!!!

• has anyone successfully ordered a single server or are they enforcing the minimum of 2 per order?

• I ordered just one, just ask mike and he usually lets you

• I know Jeff Martin from reliable, so i know they are good. We used them in the past for some remote hands in Ashburn, and were pretty good at what they did. As far as commercial media though, i have no idea.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@fly said: they are so much cheaper than datashack. what is this!!!!

And quite frankly the network seems even better. It's 100mbit but it seems very consistent. Apparently I should see 3 upstream providers added to the mix in a few days according to Mike. I'm still scratching my head on this one, but I've got 2x L5420, 16gb, 1TB, 100mbit unmetered for a nice little price (not for Catalyst btw). I'm a little more than impressed. Their new datacenter that they're working on expanding into looks amazing as well.

• @jarland said: Their new datacenter that they're working on expanding into looks amazing as well

any link ,location or images ?

How much upstream providers with your new server?

@jshinkle said: Jeff Martin

is owner?

• @nocom said: is owner?

No it is their Technian
    As i know CM is own by Chris Jones

• @DannyAlex said: No it is their Technian

As i know CM is own by Chris Jones

Yup and mikes jones the sales guy is his brother.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@nocom said: any link ,location or images ?
    How much upstream providers with your new server?

Mike sent me some rough pictures of a few key infrastructure points in the new facility. It was the site of the Duetche Bank data center and I guess they moved out. He tells me they spared no expense in building this DC. Raised floors, dual 750 KW generators.

As for upstream providers, here's an IP for you to hit: 74.112.202.126
    I only see two listed. They claim many more. The quality of the routing to everywhere in the popular bench.sh seems great. Haven't spent a lot of time looking into it and inspecting the routes.

Remember, this is not where they are currently housed.
    http://cl.ly/image/2N0s3k471L3u
    http://cl.ly/image/2e1q2S122r2t
    http://cl.ly/image/2M0R1a0x2H3H
    http://cl.ly/image/2M0R1a0x2H3H

They all turned out sideways but I think you get the idea.

• flyfly Member

yeah im probably gonna pick one up when my dacentec expires.

• Qwest and Cogent ,somewhere was offer with 6 providers
    From September 25 nothing changed , very slow server setup , i have feeling that they dont want some clients and then just prolong server setup ignoring client until client give up and get refunded (also slow refund).
    ,,I ordered a server and paid on Sep.2nd
    but the server was never delivered
    and they now dont even reply my emails
    i am going to ask for a refund..,,

lele0108 October 2
    Honestly, this is how it went:
    Phone them for order two weeks ago. First promise: Friday.
    On Friday, I phone them, they pick up, then they said Weekend/Monday. Ok, fine.
    Monday - Nope, what about Friday
    Friday - Sorry, how about next week, such as Monday
    Monday (today) - Still did not get server, not picking up phones for the last week OR answered to my email in 4 hours (And since he just answered SN, he saw mine).
    D:
    /rant
    and then turn to this
    lele0108 October 10
    Actually, CM really seems to be on the ball now, I'm getting servers I ordered delivered in a one day.

Honestly after 3 weeks delivered in a one day - Quelle surprise!

,,CM operates 2 interconnected high avalability data centers spanning 30,000 ft² = 2787.091 m²,,
    and
    http://www.commercialmedia.com/company/locations/
    5 locations without info

Baltimore dc2 - old infrastructure very poor info ,i don't expect to see this loc. finished for next 6 months

,,They've spammed us quite a bit with their co-lo offerings,,
    "we have been building and supporting managed hosting solutions since 1998." w/o web history?
    ,,It's been over 3 weeks and still no server,,
    ,,I ordered two servers early last month and so far only one has been delivered,,
    also strange firewall policy and low profile over internet

PING
    tested CM AS IP against ramhost vps IP-Kansas
    CM have 5-10% faster conn, for 50 us locations but kansas is better for Chicago,Amsterdam3,Sydney,Santa Clara,Vancouver,Padova,Dallas,Tokyo etc.
    It was AS ping, i guess servers behind AS IP and after firewall/router running slower then AS IP.

Spencer - tnx for data center review (only useful info about dc)
    jarland - tnx for info
    For CommercialMedia clients: what kind of service you provide with your server and its server brand new or used?

For very short period i was interested for Baltimore location but after all i will wait to see what's happening with Commercial Media PR, maybe next year..

• What's their email address to speak to Mike?

• @birdie25 said: What's their email address to speak to Mike?

I think you should contact sales@

• Actually I haven’t had the worst experience with them…

So before 10 days I Ordered a server…
    I knew it would take a lot so they deploy after the comments I read so I left it for 5 or so days..
    Then I created a ticket saying when will it show up..
    No one replied for two days so I opened a new ticket saying (REFUND NOW)
    After they read it they send me this message.

http://prntscr.com/tjsl9

So yeah I didn’t ask for a refund cos it was only 2 more days to wait…
    after 2 days I opened a ticket saying you said you will deploy the server yesterday..
    No reply of course.

So I opened a ticket at thursday (2 days later) saying refund again..
    Then 5 hours later I got this message :)

http://prntscr.com/tjsra

Niggas i win…
    So after 3 hours now I opened a ticket saying I want to buy more IP’s
    It was responded within 4minutes (WTF) they are 24/7 but all they care about is munnay

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited February 2013

@RuneServer said: bleep i win…

test

• What server you ordered RuneServer? The LowEndBox one with 5 IPs?