Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SavvyReady launches KVM, FREE TRIAL (first month), come trial with us! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SavvyReady launches KVM, FREE TRIAL (first month), come trial with us!

Comments

• oz42oz42 Member
    edited April 2015

@MrGeneral said:
    It should be approved now, correct? :-)

It is! The VM is online. :-)
    I am only waiting for the control panel login name and a FreeBSD 10.1 x86 ISO. ;-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • saintsaint Member

I got some errors

error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables" is an unknown key error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables" is an unknown key error: "net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables" is an unknown key

• earlearl Member

@saint said:

Is it centos? seems there is a bug in centos..

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Net.bridge-nf-call_and_sysctl.conf

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=634736

does the speed improve thought?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you very much earl, I appreciate your help! :) I'll give it a try as well!

@oz42 said:
    I am only waiting for the control panel login name and a FreeBSD 10.1 x86 ISO. ;-)

Hello, you should have received it. Mind PM'ing your email so I can double check if the email was sent? :)

@saint said:
    `

I'll give it a try as well!

Thanked by 1earl
    edited April 2015

Hello folks,

We have deployed about 15 more VPS today, we still have spare room for VPS.

Note: We've been receiving lots of orders from China and most of them are Fraud. We'll need you to send any sort of identification proof so we can approve the orders.

• MrGeneral said: Let me start by introducing ourselves.

MrGeneral, well done, I like your honesty and transparency. Hope you have great success! Cheers...

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sleddog said:
    MrGeneral, well done, I like your honesty and transparency. Hope you have great success! Cheers...

Hello sleddog,

Thank you very much for those words! We're glad to clarify any other questions you may have! :-)

We still have trial's available folks!

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

First impressions: extremely good

Miguel has really put a lot of work into this, making sure every detail is correct - even though this is just a trial!

I will not spoil the surprises for the savvy ones but I can assure you guys Miguel is really doing a great work.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@Traffic said:
    First impressions: extremely good

Miguel has really put a lot of work into this, making sure every detail is correct - even though this is just a trial!

I will not spoil the surprises for the savvy ones but I can assure you guys Miguel is really doing a great work.

Thank you very much for the good words! It makes our team smile while reading LET! :-)

We're more than happy for providing a free trial to the LET community. It's an honor to.

We'll keep working hard to ensure that our clients will be satisfied with our service. Right now, we're working on the network with CC to improve the routes as we're not completely satisfied with the current speeds. This should be resolved in the coming days.

We're also monitoring the node to make sure that there won't be any abusers affecting the node performance.

@Traffic,

Once again, thank you very much for the great words, it makes us feel extremelly happy after so much time of planning! It's definitely worth all the effort :-)

(Note: As for the savvy ones... We got a few interesting ISO's, FreeBSD/OpenBSD, CoreOS and a few more! Even Gentoo! ;) ).

Edit: We've added one more subnet for those who need additional IP's, the cost will be $1 per IP. We'll get it in the order system as soon as possible.

Edit 2: I'm working on getting rDNS fully automated, this will take sometime though. I'll le t you know as soon as it's available. In the meantime, you can ask us to setup rDNS for you by opening a ticket with us.

edited April 2015

More news folks, and no, this won't stop... ;P

We've partned with @vfuse / NixStats to provide us a unique coupon for our clients, as well as further discount as soon as NixStats launches their paid plans.
    (Coupon is SavvyReady)

We have, obviously, setup NixStats in our servers (WebServer, SolusVM and KVM Node), which you can access in the following address: http://status.savvyready.com/

We will also setup NixStats in our DNS servers as soon as we configure those, for instant rDNS.

By sharing this webpage/stats with you, we're trying to be as much transparent as possible. We HATE extreme overselling.

Enjoy your trials!

Thanked by 2vfuse Traffic
  • Trials still available?

• rokokrokok Member

MaxMind Error :(

@qwerty11 said:
    Trials still available?

Absolutely, just activated your order :-).

@rokok said:
    MaxMind Error :(

All sorted, enjoy your VPS!

Folks, there are only 11 more trial VPS to give away for a month. We won't be accepting Chinese orders further, since we've had like 80% of orders from China and most were Fraud. We need to give chance for others to trial with us, we can't only provide it for the Chinese market.

• Windows templates are very nice, however the network isn't configured automatically on Windows08/12, so you need to connect via VNC and enter IP/Gateway/DNS in IPv4 network settings. The problem is there's no info about gateway, so I've tried ..*.1, but it didn't work. So I had to reinstall to Linux and check the network configurations (cat /etc/network/interfaces) to check the gateway (the DNS are from Google). So I would suggest to improve it to configure network automatically (if possible - if not, there should be little guide for newbies IMO). That's my first thoughts. Rest things work very good, no glitches, no lags - I mean network, cpu, io are in perfect condition.

@Anna_Parker said:
    Windows templates are very nice, however the network isn't configured automatically on Windows08/12, so you need to connect via VNC and enter IP/Gateway/DNS in IPv4 network settings. The problem is there's no info about gateway, so I've tried ..*.1, but it didn't work. So I had to reinstall to Linux and check the network configurations (cat /etc/network/interfaces) to check the gateway (the DNS are from Google). So I would suggest to improve it to configure network automatically (if possible - if not, there should be little guide for newbies IMO). That's my first thoughts. Rest things work very good, no glitches, no lags - I mean network, cpu, io are in perfect condition.

Hello Anna!

First of all, thank you for the detailed feedback. That is precisely why we launched the free trial, so we can improve what needs to be improved.

I'll now try to address all your questions.

1 - We do not officially support Windows, we do not sell Windows license nor we have any SPLA agreement, therefore, there is no support to Windows. There's certainly a way to do it automatically but we avoid it. If any client wants to use Windows, he/she should provide the ISO and its license.

2 - Currently, there's no where stating the Gateway/Netmask, this is due to the fact that, our Linux templates, work right out of the box, hence we do not need to list those, plus, we own 2 subnets (/26 and /27) which have different Gateway/Netmask. However, if you're using an ISO or even configuring Windows network, you can and should open a ticket with us and we'll let you know the Gateway and Netmask, we can even configure it for you.

I appreciate your feedback and words, it keeps us motivated! We'll keep improving our service, mainly, network, which has to be severelly improved.

Do let me know your email address to my PM so I can extend your trial. :-)

edited April 2015

Hello,

Our node had to be rebooted today, due to a CPU lock, this occured because we've had a few abusers running Windows and overloading the node to the max.

We're now terminating the abusers. This will occur during the trial though, we're openly accepting trials, and the trials will end within a month, however, no more trials will be accepted. Right now we need to clean the node.

Edit: We're no longer accepting trials, all spots have been filled up.

We're now working to eliminate the abusers.

News, folks.

Node is now stable. We apologise for the downtime, however the CPU locked so we had ro hard reboot it, We're monitoring for abusers and terminating the trial for those who abuse.

• Dear SavvyReady clients,

At aproximately 6pm GMT we had to reboot the node KVM USA1 due to a CPU lock, this was caused by several abusers harming the node.

The abusers have since then been removed and we will ensure that this will NOT occur once again.

We apologise for the unscheduled downtime, but an emergency reboot was extremelly needed.

Feel free to open a ticket with us in case you need our help. We'll be more than glad to help you.

Awesome communication. Many wouldn't have noticed, but they chose to be honest. +1

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Traffic said:
    Awesome communication. Many wouldn't have noticed, but they chose to be honest. +1

Thank you for your kind words, @Traffic!

It was the first reboot, and we're expecting it to remain stable.

As you can see @ http://status.savvyready.com/ , node loads are pretty good right now :-)

Dear trial clients,

We have now Debian 8 (Jessie) ISO available.

Enjoy!

Thanked by 1evilghaleon

We're no longer accepting trials except from valuable people from this community.

NEWS!

You can now set rDNS records in SolusVM, they'll be working instantly!

• @MrGeneral ,

I think this link @ http://status.savvyready.com/ is not working.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @ruiviana said:
    MrGeneral ,

I think this link @ http://status.savvyready.com/ is not working.

Also for me. I guess you included Strict-Transport-Security headers when it was HTTPS, then our browsers will only try to load the HTTPS page?

Thanked by 1MikePT

Hello,

That is nixstats issue, @vfuse :-)

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@Traffic @ruiviana @MrGeneral

That's odd, chrome seems to force to https, works fine in safari and firefox here. I'll take a look at it tommorow when I'm in the office, for now you can see the status page here.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@vfuse said:
    Traffic ruiviana MrGeneral

That's odd, chrome seems to force to https, works fine in safari and firefox here. I'll take a look at it tommorow when I'm in the office, for now you can see the status page here.

Yes, that is correct, it forces to https @ Chrome, IE works fine according to my tests, though. We created the CNAME as per your instructions :)

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Apparently it's a HSTS issue in chrome, I added a header to the page to disable this.

It's probabyl cached on your system tho for chrome go to chrome://net-internals/#hsts and remove the domain status.savvyready.com

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@vfuse said:
    Apparently it's a HSTS issue in chrome, I added a header to the page to disable this.

It's probabyl cached on your system tho for chrome go to chrome://net-internals/#hsts and remove the domain status.savvyready.com

Thanks mate!

It didn't work, though, could you get it working @ Chrome?

Edit: http://gyazo.com/2fa2e6569220f7133bc2542a4a442319