Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wich is better location for Manila (Philippines)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wich is better location for Manila (Philippines)

Hi,

Do you know which is better location to Philippines:

• West US Oregon (Amazon)
  • Singapore (Digital Ocean)

thank you

Do you know which is better location to Philippines:
  1. Do you know which is better location to Philippines?26 votes
    1. West US Oregon (Amazon)
      15.38%
    2. Singapore (Digital Ocean)
      84.62%

Comments

• Singapore.

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • I am not from PH but you will get <100 ms ping from SG. It ll feel like localhost.

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • Singapore (Digital Ocean).

• hicohico Member

DO Singapore.

I was in the Philippines last week, tested both LA and Singapore ... go with DO Singapore if your visitors are in SE Asia.

• For what purpose is this? I would say DO in singapore has good connection and latency to the Philippines.

You could also try some other locations in the US like phoenix arizona phhoenixnap and los angeles quadranet both has good latency to the PH aswell.

• I recommend get test ip from both and test with pldt, bayantel, globe, etc connection. Most sg host i try are worse than us west coast. Maybe do is betterbuti have no idea

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • i would recommend like every one Singapore

But out of curiosity can you @michaelphan tell why you want host your content in West Coast (Oregon)

Manila to Singapore 2500 km

Manila to Oregon 11,000 km

Just curious

• DO Singapore.

• Ping from MNL, PH:
    DO SG ~80ms
    From cloudping
    US-West Oregon - 444ms

• AliRahaAliRaha Member
    edited April 2015

Google Compute Engine also has an Asian location. It also seems to be the best, but only by a bit. Here are the ping times to a random .ph address:

GCE Asia: 167ms

Digital Ocean Singapore: 187ms

Ramnode in Seattle: 175ms (Good test since Seattle and Portland are very close.)

There's very little variation in the ping times from each, it's all pretty much +/-2ms.

• USA is less Hops than SG...

• Do you guys read this http://www.reddit.com/r/Philippines/comments/2aurzq/how_pldt_deliberately_keeps_local_internet

I just move from other country to Philippines.

• Malaysia? Closer than Singapore, isn't?

• Try HK.

• Hm.. my beloved country had blocked reddit :|

• @fitvpn said:
    Malaysia? Closer than Singapore, isn't?

Nope, Singapore is part of Malaysia...