Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Email Hosting] Email hosting for 1 or 2 addresses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Email Hosting] Email hosting for 1 or 2 addresses

Im looking for email hosting, (Not cPanel) Needs a good spam filter on the web side.

I really would love to use Outlook but I can no longer add a domain to domains.live.com

And I wouldnt mind paying office 365 $4 a month? But I would have to keep switching between my main windows outlook account and my 365 account. Unless they can be merged?

Any suggestions? Not looking for more than $4 must have a nice webmail client, pop3, etc.

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

+1 for mxroute ask for the price you mentioned!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar and mxroute

Or just buy some cpanel hosting and use only the mail

Thanked by 1jar
  • mxroute!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Get 1 domain has 10 google apps licenses, it's much cheaper than 4$/m ;)

• @hyelton said:
    Im looking for email hosting, (Not cPanel) Needs a good spam filter on the web side.

I really would love to use Outlook but I can no longer add a domain to domains.live.com

And I wouldnt mind paying office 365 $4 a month? But I would have to keep switching between my main windows outlook account and my 365 account. Unless they can be merged?

Any suggestions? Not looking for more than $4 must have a nice webmail client, pop3, etc.

Setup Gmail account.

Setup MailGun to forward to gmail using a route.

Setup Gmail to send using Mailgun

Profit?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Another +1 for mxroute. IMAP/POP3, webmail, ownCloud as a bonus.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1 for MXRoute, @Jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • i really wanted to go mxroute but they do not allow forward to gmail :(

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

belinik said: i really wanted to go mxroute but they do not allow forward to gmail :(

Hm, you sure? Either way can't you use gmail's "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" to do that?

Thanked by 1jar
  • Hmmm, maybe zoho?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@perennate said:
    Hm, you sure? Either way can't you use gmail's "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" to do that?

This option works better. Forwarding to gmail means sending spam to gmail, because no filter is perfect, and that means excessive delays or failures in your forwarder any time you get too much spam in an hour.

Bottom line, you use forwarders to gmail if you don't actually care about consistently receiving your email. Depending on your settings on the forwarder, you may not even be aware of what you don't receive as a result. Many people really don't care about what they don't know they aren't receiving, so this is acceptable to them, but not to me :)

Short version: Gmail blocks IPs for periods of time based on their content filter, so you have to expect your spam filters to be perfect today and tomorrow to guarantee that a gmail forwarder doesn't drop important emails later. Anyone who lets you do this doesn't care about your email (unmanaged services probably). I do. I take responsibility for mail delivery quality and make the tough decisions to prevent others from negatively impacting your mail.

http://archive.richweb.com/why_email_forwarding_is_broken

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • BochiBochi Member

+1 for MXroute.
    As it might fit into this topic: Read about https://pawnmail.com/ some time ago, is there anyone who checked this out?

Thanked by 1jar
  • MXroute, no contest tbh

Thanked by 1jar
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

Outlook 2013 can add more then one Exchange accounts.
    A welcomed feature added.

• rawrwriterrawrwriter Member
    edited April 2015

https://developermail.io/
    Looks interesting, Create aliases through a simple YAML file and a git push.
    $5/m though and not sure if there is an annual discount.

• Jar said: Short version: Gmail blocks IPs for periods of time based on their content filter, so you have to expect your spam filters to be perfect today and tomorrow to guarantee that a gmail forwarder doesn't drop important emails later. Anyone who lets you do this doesn't care about your email (unmanaged services probably). I do. I take responsibility for mail delivery quality and make the tough decisions to prevent others from negatively impacting your mail.

Essentially I agree with you. And it applies to any third-party recipient service, not just Gmail but also Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Apple mail, anyone.

Which means to be safe we (mail server admins) have to disallow all off-server forwarding, because we don't know what action the remote server will take (like, add to blacklist).

It's a dilemma. Piss off the users or risk getting blacklisted by remote SMTP servers. But we (mail providers) depend on both.

I allow forwarding to remote servers, but only after the message passes (a) acceptance rules and (b) spam content filtering. Too many mail setups just blindly forward without any examination at all. I haven't been blacklisted anywhere in nearly 10 years of operation.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Why not use yandex? We use it for business things. And no problem.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • I found out www.servermx.com in terms of "value for the money" is excellent .They allow 1 trial month

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2015

@maxgiaco said:
    I found out www.servermx.com in terms of "value for the money" is excellent .They allow 1 trial month

"Found" as in "founded" I assume since your first three posts were bumping threads to claim you "found" this service ;)

Nothing wrong with advertising your service, just be honest.

• @maxgiaco said:
    I found out www.servermx.com in terms of "value for the money" is excellent .They allow 1 trial month

If I wanted roundcube for webmail I`d just use my server :p. Been using Yandex for the since I posted above and its been working great.