Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invoice as a service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Invoice as a service

vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Anyone here have experience with invoicing tools like freshbooks? I'm looking for something with a good API and will probably use Stripe for payments. I'm open for other suggestions but prefer a SaaS solution.

Comments

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Thanks. That actually looks pretty neat, i'll take a look into their product.

• jhjh Member
    edited April 2015

I use Xero - have been using it for everything it does for a long time and it's great. It does all the tax stuff, invoicing, accepting payments etc.

Recently bought Blesta to handle more complex billing, Braintree payments and online signups and will shortly be figuring out how to get that to feed into Xero.

I've also used Quickbooks Online, Sage One, FreeAgent and Fresh Books. Xero is definitely my favourite.

Thanked by 3vfuse geekalot aglodek
  • Anything that complies with EU tax laws?

• waveapps.com

I use their accounting package which includes everything but you can certainly just use a part of it.

@William said:
    Anything that complies with EU tax laws?

Yes should comply with EU VAT laws, but I'm assuming almost every invoicing company does.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We use Kashflow, it covers EU VAT including MOSS

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

William said: Anything that complies with EU tax laws?

Which version, the current version that they cant enforce or the one that will exist in 3 months when they bring the threshold in? :p

• Which version, the current version that they cant enforce or the one that will exist in 3 months when they bring the threshold in? :p

Both in best case...

• vldvld Member

I remember seeing https://github.com/Invoiced/invoice-generator-api some time ago, never used it tho.

@gbshouse said:
    We use Kashflow, it covers EU VAT including MOSS

Thanks seems like a nice product also supports Stripe.

@tortau said:
    waveapps.com

I use their accounting package which includes everything but you can certainly just use a part of it.

Looks good as well but their payment option is not available for me (netherlands)

@jhadley said:
    I use Xero - have been using it for everything it does for a long time and it's great. It does all the tax stuff, invoicing, accepting payments etc.

Recently bought Blesta to handle more complex billing, Braintree payments and online signups and will shortly be figuring out how to get that to feed into Xero.

I've also used Quickbooks Online, Sage One, FreeAgent and Fresh Books. Xero is definitely my favourite.

I've also looked at hosted billing but hosted always seems much easier to take care of.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Invoiceplane.com

• odoo.com anyone?
    bitrix24 can also do this..

@BharatB said:
    Invoiceplane.com

That's self-hosted, would rather have a hosted option.

@upfreak said:
    odoo.com anyone?
    bitrix24 can also do this..

odoo and bitrix24 seems ok but would rather have something that's more focused on invoicing and payments. I don't need video chat, email etc. etc.