Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Proteced vps for teamspeak europe location.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Proteced vps for teamspeak europe location.

oalarooalaro Member
edited April 2015 in General

Hello. I host a teamspeak server for a community, at peak times 200+ users. So far i've tested DDoS protection provided by staminus, voxility and blacklotus through resellers. Right now I'm using blacklotus/ramnode. So far it works well, doesn't drop all connections when attacked. But i know 20Gbps/20Mpps(guy answering a ticket made a mistake) won't be enough after a while. Voxility(BuyVM) dropped all connections, it the attack was big enough, also it had issues with constant 1-5% packetloss. Staminus about the same as blacklotus, but vps provider nuked our vps constantly since staminus leaked alot of the attacks. So here I am looking for the next vps I'll be using for teamspeak when i get nulled on ramnode. Any kind of info how attacks are handled is appreciated.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• SyerateSyerate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

The problem with Staminus and Voxility is that when attacked they will most likely drop certain users connections in order to block the attack. At the moment I use NFO to host my teamspeaks as they can handle up to about 40Gbps until null, but they won't drop users when getting attacked from what I have experienced.

• @Syerate said:

I second NFO, although they don't advertise DDoS protection I've had them handle up to 100gbps before nulling me on a big VPS plan.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

For clarity's sake, it's 20M PPS, not 2M :) Maybe that was just a typo, but 2M would certainly be small. Feel free to open a ticket with us (or send me your existing ticket ID) if you need assistance.

• oalarooalaro Member
    edited April 2015

@Nick_A said:
    For clarity's sake, it's 20M PPS, not 2M :) Maybe that was just a typo, but 2M would certainly be small. Feel free to open a ticket with us (or send me your existing ticket ID) if you need assistance.

Fixed the issue in my main post. Guy who answered the ticket made a little typo. Although i have to give props to how fast tickets get answered. So far really pleased with support on ramnode.

@oalaro said:
    Fixed the issue in my main post. Guy who answered the ticket made a little typo. Although i have to give props to how fast tickets get answered. So far really pleased with support on ramnode.

Ah ok - for our sake, do you have the ticket ID? I'll make sure it was really just a typo.

• @Nick_A said:
    Ah ok - for our sake, do you have the ticket ID? I'll make sure it was really just a typo.

Ticket #909664

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • WInterntWInternt Member
    edited April 2015

My experience hosting teamspeak and game servers with a voxility re seller was horrible too.

I'm at RN now and I had some leaks with staminus, but now everything is ok with black lotus.
    I also like to know any other company with more Gbps of protection using black lotus/staminus.

RN is amazing ;)

Thanks @oalaro and @WInternt. We do have the ability to offer higher levels of protection if/when 20Gbps is no longer enough for people in general, so we'll see.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

oalaro said: Voxility(BuyVM) dropped all connections, it the attack was big enough, also it had issues with constant 1-5% packetloss.

Did you toggle the always on/sensing mode options at all?

Reason I ask is that I had a fellow on our IRC (was it you maybe?) that had the minor packet loss and it only really junked up his music bot. Actual chatting was perfectly fine.

"Always on" can be a bit problematic with UDP so we usually recommend users leave it in sensing mode by default and when a flood hits it'll toggle as needed.

If you're getting cut connections, etc, you should let us know and we can look into it more.

Francisco

• J1021J1021 Member

oalaro said: Voxility

My experience with Voxility is that they drop all ICMP and UDP when mitigating.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Yeaf fran it was me. I think that little loss only annoyed me since i knew what to look for. Also i tested loss on unprotected ip and it was 0 there, so i think it might be voxilitys issue. I always used sensing mode. But one time i had a guy come to our server and said ddos incoming. I quickly fired up and putty and used nload to see if there are any leaks. What i saw was all traffic stopped on protected interface(1-2 kilobytes). It lasted for 3+ mins and, when attack stopped I could reconnect. But like ramnode i have to give props to BuyVM support. Very fast and helpful

Thanked by 1Francisco

oalaro said: t lasted for 3+ mins and, when attack stopped I could reconnect.

Odd.

That's the first i've heard of that happening and we have a bunch of teamspeaks with us. I'll reach out to some of them and see what they say.

Francisco

@kcaj said:
    My experience with Voxility is that they drop all ICMP and UDP when mitigating.

Is what their ACL list is when in "Always On" mode.

Francisco

• J1021J1021 Member

Francisco said: Is what their ACL list is when in "Always On" mode.

Is that something that is set by default at Voxility?

@kcaj said:
    Is that something that is set by default at Voxility?

I don't know about that, I do know that the image shows what our 'always on' setting does :)

Francisco

• And I just got nulled on Ramnode protected ip. So any new suggestions, will help.

• @oalaro said:

@Nick_A said: We do have the ability to offer higher levels of protection if/when 20Gbps is no longer enough for people in general

Contact them and see how much higher they offer?

• http://hosteam.pl/vps/kvm/

İ recommended it.KVM is so good.

Thanked by 1deployvm
  • pailypaily Member

@oalaro said:
    Voxility(BuyVM) dropped all connections, it the attack was big enough, also it had issues with constant 1-5% packetloss.

What does the "big enough" mean?

• @paily said:
    What does the "big enough" mean?

I guess it had to be in 20gbit range since that's the attack size that happened today and i think it's the same person.

edited April 2015

oalaro said: And I just got nulled on Ramnode protected ip. So any new suggestions, will help.

Did someone discuss that with you via ticket?

EDIT: Never mind - I see it.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

We have some customers running TS3 in our DDoS protected IPs (Voxility) without any issue. ICMP is blocked during the attack, but the service is available... The main issue is that it takes around 10 seconds to start the mitigation, so, some packet loss during this period, but all is fine during the mitigation process, at least, we don't have any complain about it since we have the Voxility protection enabled.

• oalarooalaro Member
    edited April 2015

@Maksimx said:
    http://hosteam.pl/vps/kvm/

İ recommended it.KVM is so good.

You know how much their ddos protection costs? Or does it come as a standard on openvz/kvm vps.