Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay per minute VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pay per minute VPS?

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Hello,

I am after a provider that can offer me a Pay-Per-Minute VPS. I only require the VPS for 15 Min at at time so currently I'm wasting a bit of money.

Any help is appreciated.

Brendan

Comments

• Digital Ocean, iwStack?

• Digital ocean & iwStack/AWS will charge you for the hour, Per minute doesn't sound possible though.

• Don't know of any pay-per-minute. With most by-the-hour providers, you'd only pay like $0.01 on a small instance. Do you need like crazy specs for 15 mins to process video or something like that?

Otherwise I'd just grab some credits at a few different hourly providers. DO, iwstack, Vultr, Runabove, etc.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

Google Compute uses minute-level charges, with minimum of 10 minutes. iwStack IIRC does same thing with minimum of 30 10 minutes.

Edit: @Maounique clarified below, iwStack also has 10 minute minimum and charges per-minute after that.

• Try CloudSigma.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Thanks everyone. I'm going to give Cloudsigma a go tonight.

• Good to know there are per min VPS options. Just curious though. What do you run for 15 mins and then not need again?

• @Slider said:
    Good to know there are per min VPS options. Just curious though. What do you run for 15 mins and then not need again?

Super high performance elastic computing, for example.

• If you don't need high bandwidth, why not just use Amazon AWS free tier?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IWStack charges per minute, but at least 10 minutes in one go. However, OP uses it for 15 minutes at a time, so would work.

• a DDOS against a rival team Teamspeak server during a head to head match

• @Slider said:
    Good to know there are per min VPS options. Just curious though. What do you run for 15 mins and then not need again?

I use similar setups - control node awakens, syncs backups, updates blacklists in filters etc etc etc and then shuts down.

CloudSigma - one of best choices for that, in my experience. AWS EC2 works fine as well. Both have well-dveloped API to control VMs.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Slider said:

Mostly data processing.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

KwiceroLTD said: If you don't need high bandwidth, why not just use Amazon AWS free tier?

If he needs CPU, the AWS free tier is not the place to be. They nerf CPU pretty aggressively.