Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"VPS's" on the GO - Would LET be interested?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"VPS's" on the GO - Would LET be interested?

DTrafficDTraffic Member
edited April 2015 in General

Hey LET,

I've been more of a lurker around the LET forums for the past couple of years. Nonetheless ever since VirtKick was introduced, I loved the idea. - However when they switched from open-source to a SaaS solution, I was completely turned off and ever since decided to integrate their interfaces with a backend like 'proxmox' (I'm not going to reveal what backend however, and since the opensource version of Virtkick also includes the interfaces - I'm within my rights to use it).

Over the last week it's been on its final stages - Basically I just finished the automation platform (Signup-> Account automatically created) in ClientExec's billing software.

Basically so far, you can create your own machines at any time (each 256mb of resources comes with it's own IP, so if you purchase a 2GB plan you will be able to create either 8 vps's or 1 vps with upto 8 IP's - You get the point. - You can delete the servers, reinstall them or Add/Remove Ip's)

The platform won't be a 'true-cloud solution' - DigitalOcean style cloud (no h/a, load balancers, etc) - and available at a lowend price (basically the same pricing on what current providers here will be offering).

It will however be similar to DigitalOcean's servers - Except with the ability to chose your own Virtualization on the creating process (So far between OVZ & KVM - I could implement Xen if it gets popularity)

It will have DNS integration & an Application Launcher (Launch from 50+ applications in a click, using turnkeys prebuilt templates for OVZ)

KVM Will have the ability to create windows machines too. Basically the only thing left is Hourly billing - Would you guys be interested even if hourly billing is not implemented?

Thanks and let me know what you guys think.

If you'd like to be notified once the service is operational - Please follow this link: http://eepurl.com/bi0vAH

We will only email you once the service is released with a special promotion. We will not spam/sell your email.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So as a customer I'd buy a block of services that can be carved up however I wants into VPSes?

Presumably with some reasonable limits (i.e., maximum number of VPSes or IPs, etc.)

Thanked by 2DTraffic KwiceroLTD
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

The idea is interesting. You can already do a good bit of this with the modulesgarden proxmox cloud module, though your idea takes it a bit further. http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/proxmox_cloud/features

• raindog308 said: So as a customer I'd buy a block of services that can be carved up however I wants into VPSes?

Presumably with some reasonable limits (i.e., maximum number of VPSes or IPs, etc.)

Exactly, you can design your own infrastructure this way - The number of VPSes is simply limited with the IPv4 - We are implementing IPv6 too so you can basically create as much pure IPv6 servers if you want to go under the 256mb/IPv4 limit.

• Awmusic12635 said: The idea is interesting. You can already do a good bit of this with the modulesgarden proxmox cloud module, though your idea takes it a bit further. http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/proxmox_cloud/features

I've already noticed ModulesGarden's Proxmox Cloud - I was thinking of using it, but I wanted a more of a unique style to say the least. Plus I've been trying to learn some basic JScript/PHP & Jquery development so I decided to do it my self.

• Wable does this with OpenVZ, it's handy - a KVM variant of the idea would be nice.

• DTrafficDTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

Microlinux said: Wable does this with OpenVZ, it's handy - a KVM variant of the idea would be nice.

We implemented OpenVZ too due to the factor that a pv system uses much less resources (Not having to load its own Kernel) - This way small applications like wordpress and so on can be spun up without the need to give up resources.

KVM Will basically allow the customer to have full control on the kernel, os & so on. Even though it comes with more overhead.

• LeeLee Veteran

Wable instantly came to mind as did dediserve. But yeah, I like the idea of having my own resource pool and carving it up the way I want to. Must be over at least 3 locations for my liking.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM dediserve
  • Lee said: Wable instantly came to mind as did dediserve. But yeah, I like the idea of having my own resource pool and carving it up the way I want to. Must be over at least 3 locations for my liking.

For the first week we'd probably have 2 locations(US), depending on the success of the product we will then implement a location outside of the US - Europe/Australia

Also since this is receiving good feedback - you can be notified when the service is operational (Within the next few days) and receive a special pricing (Incl free month trial) -

http://eepurl.com/bi0vAH

Thanks for the positive feedback.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited April 2015

@DTraffic said:
    Hey LET,

Basically so far, you can create your own machines at any time (each 256mb of resources comes with it's own IP, so if you purchase a 2GB plan you will be able to create either 8 vps's or 1 vps with upto 8 IP's - You get the point. - You can delete the servers, reinstall them or Add/Remove Ip's)

So like... http://www.wable.com :)

• DTrafficDTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

Yes :)

However with the ability to create KVM Machines too.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • PS: I seriously love your interfaces :)

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

for solusvm it is called a reseller account allows you to create as many VPS as you want within your Resources purchased

with our's you can create openVZ or KVM including fully licensed windows vps

• Clancoms said: for solusvm it is called a reseller account allows you to create as many VPS as you want within your Resources purchased

with our's you can create openVZ or KVM including fully licensed windows vps

SolusVM's reseller works the same way, however we will be also integrating hourly billing (Meaning that you can deposit: $5.00 for example) - & Create as much VPS's as you want. Once the credit drops to $0.00 you won't be able to create any new vps's & you will be notified to add credit. If you don't - once it reaches $-5.00 your services will be suspended and so on. I don't think solus supports this.

• I would love if we could do IPv6 only IE.

A 1GB plan.

1 x 768MB IPv4.
    1 x 128MB IPv4.
    1 x 128MB IPv6

Would be nice if possible.

• LeeLee Veteran

Clancoms said: for solusvm it is called a reseller account

Does SolusVM allow you to amend the resources on an existing VPS without asking you to do it? It never used to.

• Virtualizor resellers have this option to i think.

• DTraffic said: Would you guys be interested even if hourly billing is not implemented

Yes :)

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: I would love if we could do IPv6 only IE.

A 1GB plan.

1 x 768MB IPv4.

1 x 128MB IPv4.
    1 x 128MB IPv6

Would be nice if possible.

This will most likely be available - I haven't implemented it yet but will do so within the next few hours and test it.

I'll update you on this once I have it fully implemented/can't implement it.

• That's how we deploy by default too, buy the aggregate resources you need and deploy any number of servers of any spec you like.

• @dediserve said:
    That's how we deploy by default too, buy the aggregate resources you need and deploy any number of servers of any spec you like.

I've seen your website before, what do you guys use for your platform? OpenStack/CloudStack or Self-Developed cloud? I'd probably guess openstack but you're website doesn't make it clear :)

• Dediserve use OnApp

@DTraffic said:
    I've seen your website before, what do you guys use for your platform? OpenStack/CloudStack or Self-Developed cloud? I'd probably guess openstack but you're website doesn't make it clear :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Specifically, OnApp orchestrating Xen hypervisors, running on HP Blades.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2015

MyRSK Cloud is already much like this with KVM, just not using an hourly billing platform. You buy a chunk of resources (usually with 2 ips by default) and you can provision services with whatever amount of resources you want from that pool in either of their locations.

Cheers!

• @Lee said:

Doesn't look like it. Plus there are a couple of other irritating bugs with the Solus Reseller panel with the initial deployment and the way that the calculations are inconsistent between deploying a server and post-deployment.

• TheLinuxBug said: MyRSK Cloud is already much like this with KVM, just not using an hourly billing platform. You buy a chunk of resources (usually with 2 ips by default) and you can provision services with whatever amount of resources you want from that pool in either of their locations.

Cheers!

I've checked them out, what intrigues me however is how they charge 2x less for the same resources on the "cloud" platform compared to the VPS resources. Typo maybe?