Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MisterHost.NET claims that i used my KVM VPS from them for attacking.But i'm innocent.Please help me - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MisterHost.NET claims that i used my KVM VPS from them for attacking.But i'm innocent.Please help me

13»

Comments

• rahulks said: I let him do that because i trust him very much.I was the one who teached him how to use a Linux VPS to manage ts3 voice server and samp game server.So i have full faith in him.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Also @jvnadr this is not the first time that i used a VPS,I started using a VPS from some years ago, I have used VPS from Host1free( now its called haphost) then i moved to https://www.budgetvm.com/ , https://www.digitalocean.com/ https://fliphost.net/
    http://reversehosts.com etc. I have been hosting ts3 and samp servers from the start and this is the first time that one of my VPS got hacked. as i said before I am not an expert with servers like a system administrator but i know what i need to run ts3 and samp game servers.

• Bruce said: a better real world example. you leave your car unlocked. someone steals it, shoots someone, and parks it back in your drive. police show up, you don't even know car has been stolen, police find smoking gun in car, and you get arrested. police want the crime "solved" so you get the blame.

>

What?? In real life it's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Also, it's the court that decides whether you're guilty or not, not the police.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @KwiceroLTD said:

"It would take a desktop PC about
    503 quattuorvigintillion years
    to crack your password"

Seems aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is one of the best possible passwords.

Thanked by 1rahulks
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

rahulks said: s i said before I am not an expert with servers like a system administrator but i know what i need to run ts3 and samp game servers

AGAIN:

No, you don;t know how to manage a vps. Realise that for last!!!
    Managing a vps is not only doing an auto install of an O/S, do an update and .sh install teamspeaker. It is like buyng a car without a license, knowing just how to turn the key and start the engine. This is not giving you skills on how to drive it.
    Managing an unmanaged server means a lot lot lot more than buying a vps and installing teamspeaker on it.
    And it is dissapointing that you do it for years (as you say) but you still haven't learn anything about securing the server...
    I am not a server administrator and I installed my first vps something about 5 years ago. Since then, I am learning day-by-day. In the early days, I had a compromised server. Just put my head down and tried to be better in my next box in terms of security, I didn't go out there bashing the provider...

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited April 2015

Infinity580 said: No, you as the owner go to jail because you had your car unlocked.

Even if the car was locked,its possible to Hot Wire the car and play Carmagedon with it.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

@rahulks I give up...

Please see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

Thanked by 2BuyAds netomx
  • Thanks to a staff of LET,the thread is now open.So @MisterHost_NET I am eagerly waiting for your reply.So please answer my questions in the comments of this thread,I have tagged you in them so it will be easy for you to find them.

• earlearl Member

Dear Rahul,

I know it's hard, but it's time to move on now.. They'll be other deals other providers. You just need to stay strong..

Best Wishes.
    -Hallmark

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • edited April 2015

Hello Rahul.

I have just answered your ticket.
    For all other questions you have please read our TOS at https://misterhost.net/tos.html . There are all the answeres you need.

Regards,
    Gregory

• Sorry for bumping again this thread...

If the Community think's that the steps we have taken are not sufficient, we are ready to give Mr.Rahul his money back.

The steps that was taken in this case:

IP got nullrouted by the OVH auto Anti-Hack system.

We have inspected if the VPS was hacked or not. It was not the case.

We have informed Mr. Rahul.

We take the VPS offline (without to terminate it) for 5 other days just in case he wanted to have backup.

We terminated the VPS.

Regards,
    Gregory

Thanked by 1JoeBiss
  • He paid for the month, he used the month. I don't think anything has to be done.

@rahulks It's unfortunate that you lost your data, but you should back up early and often, regardless of what provider it is.

Thanked by 1MisterHost_NET
  • MisterHost_NET said: If the Community think's that the steps we have taken are not sufficient, we are ready to give Mr.Rahul his money back

I didn't know you as provider, haven't ever use u. But after this thread, you are in my "to try" providers for the next box I will need. You handled the situation fine. Ignore him and go on!

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2015

@rahulks said:
    [...] I have been hosting ts3 and samp servers from the start and this is the first time that one of my VPS got hacked. as i said before I am not an expert with servers like a system administrator but i know what i need to run ts3 and samp game servers.

Judging by your other words, you have no knowledge what it takes to make VPS secure. If you don't know how to do that the right way, it's only a matter of time when it happens - server ges compromised in one sense or another.

When you obtain unmanaged service and your server is screwed up, it's your problem, since you haven't taken corresponding measures. If your server joins a botnet or becomes otherwise the source of threat to other devices, it's again your fault and your problem. Read ToS prior to buying and find a security expert if you don't wish to become one.

However, perhaps the sole goal of your thread was taking money back from provider. I expect, there will soon be similar "horror stories" from you about other providers. Which will blacklist you, finally. No one would like to deal with customer that doesn't take responsibility, for which he signed when checked "I agree to the terms of service" and proceeded with order.

Good luck to those providers who would deal with you.

• I am having a VPS from MisterHost since last 1 and half months ( 1 GB yearly deal) and didn't face any issue till now. Performance is really nice and real value for the money paid. It seems the issue happened as the VPS was not secured by the client so the provider cannot be blamed.

Also it is responsibility for the client to check and reply to any email in time which was not the case here.

• @rahulks said:
    :P

LOL no. It was a sarcastic message. Apparently it was missed. HA.

• Thank you @jvnadr for the kind words. You are welcome at anytime. Will give you a free month in any service you are interested to see that we offer quality services.
    @praveen we are glad to have customers like you. Thank you for the great words.

Thank you everyone.