Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching to WHMCS, or other? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Switching to WHMCS, or other?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I was asking about expanding to europe, yes. Was I going to do it that split second? No.

• @dominicl said: I was asking about expanding to europe, yes. Was I going to do it that split second? No.

You were until we said it was a bad idea.

@concerto49 said: You were until we said it was a bad idea.

I was going to do it quicker, but not straight away. You made me hold it off for a bit. I still wasn't going to do it straight away

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2012

@dominicl said: I am doing things legally :)

NO YOU ARE NOT.

This is the point I'm trying to make (albeit finding the situation funny at the same time). We get that you're young and that's not necessarily a problem (I started when I was 14 and did quite well out of it) but regardless of age, you need to do things properly. You don't necessarily have to register a company, but if you don't you'll (even more so) need liability insurance so when shit hits the fan, your parents don't get a huge bill because you've lost someone's data etc. You also have to deal with the tax side as your local tax authority can likely enter your house and seize whatever they want and lock you/your parents up in an instant if you don't. Finally, you have to actually get a proper TOS that will hold in your jurisdiction.

/rant

@jhadley said: /rant

Good.

• @jhadley said: /rant

I think we are all know that by now. We tried to tell him but failed. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Thanked by 1Randy

Now you've made me think. Not sure what to do now.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Nervermind, Removed.

@Randy said: What are you doing here ? you are seriously stu"id

Sorry? No I'm not actually. I'm not old enough to register etc.

• @Randy said: sink this thread, gosh, you are hopeless

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Randy, you sir are a very big hypocrite. As for the thread, this thread will remain as it is for now, if you don't want it bumped, don't reply to it. Simple.

• @Infinity said: Randy, you sir are a very big hypocrite.

I was thinking the very same thing.

Thanked by 2PacketVM mpkossen
  • @dominicl said: Now you've made me think. Not sure what to do now.

Don't let us all play with your mind so much. Your intentions are probably good. But it is important to really think about these things and take care of them. Just don't move too fast and make sure you know what you're doing. Running a business isn't easy, although WHMCS, SolusVM, PayPal and the ability to rent a server make it seem that way.

You really don't have to start doubting just because some people have criticism. You should use it as free advice.

Thanked by 1Randy

Understood. Please let this thread sink now :)

• image MOOOAAAR

• Atleast use a good one!

Thanked by 2Randy Legendlink
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited September 2012

@jhadley Basically summed it all up. :) @dominicl Make sure you have a lot of money backed up into your project, and be very prepared for PayPal Claims. They can get ugly. Also, since you can't register your host yet since you're 16, you still have to do taxes, etc.. Just do things right and nothing bad would happen, simple!

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • Lolwut popcorngif.com

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Probably a very interesting legal view, but if you're too young to enter into a contract with anyone US Law, then it makes me wonder if your customers can be held to your TOS/AUP etc. And no there's nothing wrong with a teen running a business if he knows what he's doing etc, but still a interesting question.

Thanked by 2[Deleted User] Randy
  • @FRCorey

In the uUK we have the Minor's Contracts Act, which outlines circumstances under which minors can enter into contracts. I believe it covers this type of agreement where he is the business.

• Any reason SwitchVM is down? Lol

edited September 2012

@jhadley said: Any reason SwitchVM is down? Lol

Yes, I'm moving hosts and to WHMCS. It will be back up in 5-10 minutes.
    And..I'm not in the UK ;)

• @dominicl said: And..I'm not in the UK ;)

Then you don't have that unusual law actually permitting you to do business.

@jhadley said: Then you don't have that unusual law actually permitting you to do business.

I'm in Guernsey, the laws are very similar but have a slight difference.

• People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Thanked by 2Randy gsrdgrdghd

Not sure I get that? haha.

• Dig, Dig... This hole is too big!

And it rhymes... Im such a bawws.

@Jacob said: And it rhymes... Im such a bawws.

Yeah, definitely. SwitchVM site should be back up momentarily.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Seamless migration is what you need bro, if I managed to do it, anyone can.

@Infinity said: Seamless migration is what you need bro, if I managed to do it, anyone can.

Only had 5-10 minutes complete website downtime. Anyhow, it's completed and WHMCS is now active :D