Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM 4.5 years, not really a review but a warning - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM 4.5 years, not really a review but a warning

2»

Comments

• kalamkalam Member
    edited April 2015

Francisco said: I think we have like < 5 people still using those plans

TIL I'm one of 4. AMA.

But seriously, am I correct in stating that if I have a need of a DDoS protected IP, I won't be able to add one to that VPS?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

kalam said: But seriously, am I correct in stating that if I have a need of a DDoS protected IP, I won't be able to add one to that VPS?

Order one of their cheaper plans with a DDOS protected IP and GRE it :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

kalam said: But seriously, am I correct in stating that if I have a need of a DDoS protected IP, I won't be able to add one to that VPS?

I can probably arrange something for users on the CN plans but since it has never come up before, it's a pretty big gong show. As you can see from the OP's post earlier, they went through quite the upgrade/downgrade/etc mess and that's likely when their IP's got pruned.

youknownothingjon said: I have many vps with other providers (Ramnode, Crissic, Inception, UltraVPS, Digitalocean...) and never had a problem with them.

And I'm sure most of those providers have had more chargebacks/disputes/stolen credit cards this year alone than we have in the 5 years we've operated.

I'm sorry if Aldryic was strict but the only reason I could see him get picky over it was that you were using a virtual office or something similar. I've offered to look at any ticket history you might have but you've not sent it/aren't interested in me doing so.

Maounique said: I think keeping a high entry bar and low exit one

True. For us, we're just trying to mitigate stolen cards and things like that.

It's a hard sell to him & Karen. Their fears are if we start playing favorites (let some people go easy on obviously bad details, while others are given the 5th degree) that it'll just go south really fast. Someone will have an easy time with no fraud/etc checks, tells their buddy, their buddy gets checked over and denied, and goes running in every which direction claiming we're being jerks.

Sure, we could just go with 'well, maxmind didnt freak' but that's just asking for trouble. A person just has to be smart enough to pick a card that has a billing address within a close enough range and pass and now they have service they can spam/abuse from and we'll be out the CC chargeback fee, paypal's fee, the cost of the service, & Aldryic's time talking to Spamhaus.

Francisco

• NomadNomad Member

@Francisco said:
    I've offered to look at any ticket history you might have but you've not sent it/aren't interested in me doing so.

I think you missed it.

@msg7086 said:
    Thanks. The ticket in question is #993860 however I had to migrate all my websites to other providers when I read Aldryic's reply. Don't want to bother moving them back and forth again.

• @Nomad said:

Wrong person ;p He's not me.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited April 2015

Oops... Waking up at 05:55 stupefies me. I thought he meant you.

• iSkyiSky Member

@francisco really this Alydric guys, i experienced the same way how he handle tickets and i would say really Horrible And Terrible. I asked u for the managed vps service and u said just order and open ticket that you will handle it. but when i open ticket and this Alydric guy handle it. All he said is no no no no no no no no

iSky said: @francisco really this Alydric guys, i experienced the same way how he handle tickets and i would say really Horrible And Terrible. I asked u for the managed vps service and u said just order and open ticket that you will handle it. but when i open ticket and this Alydric guy handle it. All he said is no no no no no no no no

He had a mountain on his plate with the NJ SSD upgrades so I could understand why he was insisting on a delay on the setup. The upgrade was major and required all hands on deck from all of our staff to get it done with minimal issues (a few FSCK's here/there needed but for the most part went over swimmingly).

He's the spine I don't always have when it comes to helping people out or cutting people in line for things.

With the upgrades for LV 128MB's & all of NJ done we've been working on our websites & rolling out management to anyone that requests it.

Sorry if you took offense, that was on me for trying to juggle so much at once.

Francisco

Thanked by 1iSky
  • J1021J1021 Member

Aldryic isn't just strict, he has his foot in his mouth.

There is an interesting recent thread on vpsB. Aldryic didn't take lightly to a member joining the FranTech IRC network when repeatdly kicked and banned from there. Aldryic went to the trouble to have that members IP nulled from the entire FranTech network, meaning they'd be unable to access anything of of FranTech customers, such as vpsB itself for example. The IP could have been blocked from the IRC network as easily as it could have been at an edge router.

Stuff like that really alarms me and isn't something I'd expect from any professional business. I can't imagine anyone such as Linode being as immature (or even having the time in their day to focus so much negative energy on a sole indivdual).

You said the user is ban evading, so they wouldn't be blocked anyway, at worst just an open proxy, no?

Besides, he never did that, he documented what went on with that all prior and simply nulled some IP's at the IRC box itself.

I'm fairly sure you're 'said person' as well kcaj, given your previous run in with him.

Francisco

• iSkyiSky Member

@francisco yeah, you already explained it to me. it just that after i monitoring this thread and here said alydric there said alydric, now its really mean he is always handling ticket on that way for everyone, not to me alone. But i really thanks to your offer last time, really have a good discussion with you.

iSky said: he is always handling ticket on that way for everyone, not to me alone.

No, you're just hearing the few people that have had serious issues with Aldryic. The OP didn't show a 'serious issue', not Aldryic being mean. His write up was polite and professional, his only fault was not giving the customer an old package that is no longer for sale.

A few other people in here have had issues with him as well, but even the worst clients we've had won't find him rude, just strict.

I'm curious how you can find him asking you to wait 24 - 48 hours for us to provision your cpanel & license as rude, especially since he gave you a refund right away when you said that wasn't going to work. He didn't complain, fight you, or anything, you had it before I even got up in the morning.

Are you sure you're not confusing things?

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Feels so odd to me reading some of these posts. Aldryic has always been friendly to me. He's told me no, he's disagreed with me, stood his ground, but never unhelpful or unfriendly.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Jar said:
    Feels so odd to me reading some of these posts. Aldryic has always been friendly to me. He's told me no, he's disagreed with me, stood his ground, but never unhelpful or unfriendly.

I have found the same. Some people just don't like it when a business doesn't bend over for them.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Aldryic is a paranoid...

• msg7086 said: The CN-IP plans were never meant to have addons or extras - attempting to modify these plans causes them to revert back to the base plan type without the extra IPs. Due to abuse, we have discontinued offering these plans.

Or they just got what they needed from ARIN...

Thanked by 2Radi Nyr
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2015

Fran is great .
    Aldryic is a dick.
    They both however handle the BuyVM service professionally.
    They don't hide things when something goes wrong .
    Top provider.
    True Story.
    The End.

Thanked by 3yomero raindog308 ATHK
  • @Lee said:
    Top provider.

Huh, was a few years ago.

• LeeLee Veteran

@alexvolk said:

That's your view, don't spoil mine.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I can't say I've experienced this. Always handled my tickets in a professional manner.

@iSky said:
    francisco really this Alydric guys, i experienced the same way how he handle tickets and i would say really Horrible And Terrible. I asked u for the managed vps service and u said just order and open ticket that you will handle it. but when i open ticket and this Alydric guy handle it. All he said is no no no no no no no no

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Lee said: They don't hide things when something goes wrong .

+1
    I always admire people that can say "we screwed up, sorry, we'll try to fix/improve things". Nobody is perfect and sooner or later you have to sit in the corner and take the blame, especially when someone upstream screwed up, it is still partially your fault for going with them.
    Beware the people which have no "screw-up pages", like a list of issues kept there for reference or claim they never screw up and their team of perfect gods does everything perfectly, also has great karma and Murphy never struck them. Who lied once, will lie twice.

Thanked by 3msg7086 Lee Francisco
  • NdhaNdha Member

@Radi said:
    Aldryic is a paranoid...

Hahaha...i knew because of what is this :p

Thanked by 1Radi
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Jar said: Aldryic has always been friendly to me.

I've never had a problem with @Aldryic. Quite the opposite actually - received some very good customer service from him over the years.

Anthony, well...he's always a bit gruff. But even then, I wouldn't say unprofessional.

@Francisco, well...the picture says it all...

Goddammit.

As I said, Anthony left last June.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • iSkyiSky Member

@francisco no, i mean not being rude but how he answering ticket is like "push over" clients. i never said he is rude. but how he handle ticket. i am sorry if it insult you. and at that time i really in urgent so couldn't wait for more 24-48 hours and yes i got my refund immediately

edited April 2015

Fair enough, i'm not sure how you feel you were a push over but I won't keep beating around the bush. I'm sorry if you felt that way.

If down the road you want to give our managed offerings a spin again let me know and I'll kick you in a free month.

Francisco

Thanked by 2iSky Gallus