Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU providers with Snapshots - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU providers with Snapshots

2»

Comments

• @William said:

We use onapp enviroment and there was never this bug. We never received report about this issue. Have you ticket id?

@dediserve can confirm as it use same platform :-)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @matteob said:
    dediserve can confirm as it use same platform :-)

Confirmed :)

• We use onapp enviroment and there was never this bug. We never received report about this issue. Have you ticket id?

I never reported this issue - I gave up after some restores. And as said - Yes, i know it's OnApp, which has (or at least had) no VNC access like usual on KVM/VMWare machines (probably because it is Xen).

• @William said:
    (probably because it is Xen).

You really used our service?

1) as console we use html 5 console that is fully compatible with major browser...
    2) We use ONLY kvm VMS. never had xen vms
    3) OnAPP is well used dashboard and his snapshot feature is used by lot providers. Hard to had this bug and nobody experienced it

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • You really used our service?

https://prnt.li/_309__MailServer_bz_Webmail____Inbox_1ADC6930.png

2) We use ONLY kvm VMS

That might be, i don't know (and never had a reason to look) - As i said, my point is that it had no VNC at this point (which might have changed). It simply didn't.

• Tilaa provides snapshots.

• @William said:

but you think is honest go to in a public forym saying that we have issue, that our system not work, that there is no vnc access and when i reply to your proving that these features are present and snapshot work you replu

"As i said, my point is that it had no VNC at this point (which might have changed). It simply didn't."

Come on man is OnAPP, all people know that onapp introduced console access on their vm as one of first feature!

Please if you want talk about our service be honest and tell the truth, just as respect for people that work. :-)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • but you think is honest go to in a public forym saying that we have issue, that our system not work, that there is no vnc access and when i reply to your proving that these features are present and snapshot work you replu

Yes, i post my experience - Positive or negative. I found no VNC option (where?) and my restore (at this point in time) did not work.

• It's not hard to find :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Rapidly getting pointless.

• Beside iwstack and DO, I also would go with runabove. I have very good experience with their service the last couple of months (great connectivity to EU, good speed and performance and zero downtime)

Thanked by 1earl
  • ServeoServeo Member
    edited April 2015

We provide free snapshots with our cloud server plans (AMS, NL), its based on OnApp too. Soon we will have a second location to choose from (WAW, PL).

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited May 2015

@Amitz said:
    Let's ask the gods directly: Incero - Is the snapshot feature at Wable.com already functional?

@Nekki said:
    I'd still like to know though, I did ask the question about Wable in the first place.

Yes, www.wable.com snapshots & cloning (even to different cities) are functional.

Thanked by 2Amitz vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Incero said:
    Yes, www.wable.com snapshots & cloning (even to different cities) are functional.

Nice!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • nitro85nitro85 Member

@TheLonely said:
    I posted my ref code in a forum and got ways too much sign-ups (in the end around 600 maybe) and RunAbove/OVH found it suspicious and then they removed my account. I got no chance in coming back to them (not even a mail/ticket/request to verify a single thing as documents, ID, ... which I would do immediately).

That's funny, you give to know their service to 600 people and as a reward they just ban you

• camargcamarg Member

Buyvm are having snapshots as well. Not sure if they offer it at Luxemburg though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@camarg said:
    Buyvm are having snapshots as well. Not sure if they offer it at Luxemburg though.

Soon(tm).

I'm having to go back to the drawing board on how we've been doing backups. The current way with rsync is a pretty big fustercluck so i'll likely have to start over and work with ploop instead.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware