Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pyramidserver.com review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pyramidserver.com review

2»

Comments

• bretonbreton Member
    edited December 2011

Well, updates. Not after a month but after 3 (was a little busy then).

Bought a second one VPS from this offer and use it mostly for my personal stuff. Another box mirrors one private ftp.
    6 tickets, 5 medium-priority. Initial response time - (16 + 8 + 10 + 28 + 57) / 5 = 23 minutes. It's a pleasure to work with @Mon5t3r, he is always ready to suggest different options to solve the problem.
    Had some problems with Virtualizor which were solved via ticket, and solved pretty quickly.
    Experienced ddos, during which the VPS'es were online.

TagBeep reports zero downtime caused by them.

Their main problem now is IO speed. Write speed jumps between 20 and 35 MB/s, which is not bad, but still could be better. Though no complaints on read speed -

% dd if=test.zero of=/dev/null bs=64k count=16k
    16219+1 records in
    16219+1 records out
    1062959903 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 18.7321 s, 56.7 MB/s

Bugs with site were fixed, a page with all plans is now available, plans were given some names which I don't understand :p

A new strange thing I noticed - all links to virtualizor use ips, not domains. Not an issue for me though.

Well, I'm happy with them. Keep it up, @Mon5t3r!

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • hahahaha thanks @breton.. yeah, raid1 is not a good option for VPS. but i think in next year (January) we can provide the raid10 + bbu in NL node. you have an option to migrate your VPS to that server. it's free of course.

@breton said: Bugs with site were fixed, a page with all plans is now available, plans were given some names which I don't understand :p

lol. From wikipedia :
    Krakatoa
    Tambora
    Semeru
    Rinjani
    Kerinci

:D

@breton said: A new strange thing I noticed - all links to virtualizor use ips, not domains. Not an issue for me though.

yeah, seems strange for me too. that's why i'm trying to develop our own control panel.

• @breton said: Their main problem now is IO speed.

Don't look at me. I'm holding at a max of 150KB/sec. :)

• bretonbreton Member
    edited December 2011

Yay!

extra bandwidth/transfer:
    Krakatoa (previously C*K-128) : 300GB/month
    Tambora (C*K-256) : 500GB/month
    Semeru (C*K-512) : 1TB/month

Thank you, @Mon5t3r!

• hehehe some surprise in late 2011. hope you enjoy that. because i'm not :P i need to edit ~150 VPS bandwidth manually. O_o

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

Nope.. :D i replied your ticket.

• bretonbreton Member

@Jack said: Do you still have this? If you do what do you think of them?

Yes, I do. Well, it runs smoothly and without any problems. I don't monitor it, but haven't noticed it down yet.
    It's in Lu now btw, because of some problems with higher provider.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

13:34:34 up 114 days, 22:06, 1 user, load average: 2.94, 2.02, 1.66
    because we never get any downtime from this node (network/location) :P

thanks @Jack

at now i'm trying to ask a couple of my torrent client for not abusing our network and disk. -__-"