Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHINA - ATTN CHINESE - Is ChinaMobile network important to you for your datacenter?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CHINA - ATTN CHINESE - Is ChinaMobile network important to you for your datacenter?

Hi,

I would like to ask the Chinese readers of LET forum what their opinions are on how important having direct connection to China Mobile network is?
Is it the same importance as ChinaTelecom and ChinaUnicom?

I ask because I have contact information to ChinaMobile and can setup direct network connection in Los Angeles, but I am not sure how big and important China Mobile is for customers who seek hosting in Los Angeles.

Can you please provide me feedback?

Thanks!

Comments

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
    edited April 2015

China Mobile's broadband subscribers are much less than CT and CU.

And they like blocking more sites than the GFW, f*** this.

As most of CMCC's int'l traffic goes through HKIX, just an S.E.Asian DC is good, it will not goes like such things like CN-US-SG.

• fkjfkj Member

Not many family users in China use CMCC. But in university campus and other public places (e.g. bus station), it's like everywhere. So you may send a survey to your clients to find out whether their websites' visitors came from CMCC network.

• XIAOSpider97 said: As most of CMCC's int'l traffic goes through HKIX

They're also in Hong Kong and went down during most of Easter :)

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited April 2015

Not as important as CT and CU, one can peer with them(CMC) for free easily. Their international traffic goes out through HK transit such as PCCW etc, so it's not bad most of the time.

• EvaCNEvaCN Member
    edited April 2015

Yeah.

three operators in China:

1st:ChinaTelecom - occupied south of China.It's Chinese largest broadband operators.

2nd:ChinaUnicom - occupied nouth of China.It's Chinese second mobile phone and broadband operators.

3th:ChinaMobile - The rapid development in the eastern part of China.
    I think it is the most rapid development in China in recent years, operators, and it is also China's largest mobile phone operator.

China Mobile's data through Hongkong transit after American.

• in china, the broadband of china mobile is cheaper, but sucks, lol

• LOL CT and CU suck way worse to USA.

• Not very important because china mobile already has very good connection to abroad, especially to SG, latency is around 60ms.

I get full download speed from ovh, ramnode NJ, iniz LA... on specific port.

But it's 80 port is limited to 1KB/s time to time by IP range maybe, I'm not sure, just feel china mobile's network is managed by a man called chaos. It's worth trying if the cost does not increase much , maybe direct connection is excluded from china mobile's all kinds of limitation settings, .

• OK - thank you everyone for the information!

• please let me know if you decide to go to the solution direct connection to China Mobile. i can tell that the China Mobile is almost the cheapest solution in China. recently, more and more people are using it.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited April 2015

It seems to be easy to provide low latency and fast speeds to China Mobile, but direct is always better.

If someone has contact information for agent of China Telecom or CN2 for IP Transit in Los Angeles please private message me.

My goal is to build the best China performance network in Los Angeles.

Thanks!