Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Members with network issues with Crissic LAX services?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Members with network issues with Crissic LAX services?

Hi all;

Understand this is not a support forum, just wondering if anyone is having issues on their Crissic LAX services at the moment. I have seen seeing solid periods of no VPS response, pings show 98% packet loss.

I have three external monitoring providers all saying there is no response from the machine at the same times. Support so far has been unhelpful in their responses ("I could ping it for 5 minutes, provide a traceroute" kind of thing) to which I have provided all my monitoring info which is not really refutable.

Anyone else seeing some really bad packet loss?

Comments

• ZshenZshen Member

Not in LAX, but my VM seemed to have some issues out of Jacksonville.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited April 2015

Which TZ is that in @Zshen?

My observium is down after the Cloud Commando moves, trying to get it running again but I have Monitor.us, UptimeRobot & NodeQuery all having major issues with it. UptimeRobot is showing the issues more than the others, haven't had a NodeQuery response for 2 hours now.

• ZshenZshen Member

Central

• My times line up against it in that case.

Currently getting some serious packetloss -

peering.eqnx.la.quadranet.com -    1 | 1587 | 1585 |  203 |  210 |  296 |  204 |
                    colo-lax3.as8100.net -    1 | 1583 | 1580 |  174 |  182 |  440 |  175 |
         67-215-251-202.rdns.as62639.com -   54 |  509 |  238 |  175 |  198 |  448 |  175 |
                   No response from host -  100 |  318 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

• I had to reboot via solus. Really fucked up.

I am on OVZ12 btw

edited April 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I had to reboot via solus. Really fucked up.

I am on OVZ12 btw

Reboot has not helped me at all. My second LAX - also in QuadraNet on a different provider - cannot get any packets through at all.

547 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 546428ms

LAOVZ06 here.

edited April 2015

Finally got it running after another couple of reboots. Not happy at all - luckily I am on monthly billing so I may just move it elsewhere. RamNode now in LAX makes it an easy choice.

EDIT: They are now claiming DDoS on a particular client, even though they have said no issues previously.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Most likely the support person you spone to initially didn't have access to "everything". Still a plausible situation.

• My L.A VPS @ Crissic also very slow. I'm on LAOVZ05.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Los Angeles UP 19 Days 13 Hours 21 Mins 5 Secs

No problems or packet loss here, I'm on LAOVZ01

• Hello,

It was in fact DDoS related, being over IPv6 we did not have the ability to automatically null via BGP communities as QuadraNet does not currently support that. I was able to get ahold of them and get a manual null put in place on the IP, so network issues should be resolved at this time.

I am pressing them to add BGP null communities for IPv6 so our automated systems can catch issues like this in the future. In the mean time we will monitor more closely.

I do apologize for the issues, the 2 year anniversary sale sort of blew up in our face more than anticipated, and we are more or less getting a ton more abuse than normal as a result. Things will settle down I promise you that :)

Thanked by 1Zshen
  • I am still getting monitoring alarms @SkylarM, what's going on??

• @Monsta_AU said:
    I am still getting monitoring alarms SkylarM, what's going on??

I have the same alarms, up and down since +/- 2 hours

• @gonggo said:

Ping the router and check see if that's getting loss