Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free MailServer for Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free MailServer for Windows

danitfkdanitfk Member

Hi all

I'm looking for a stable mail server in Windows Server.

I did find some options like :
1)hMailServer
2)MailEnable (Standard Edition)
3)Axigen (Free edition)

What is your suggestion? Which one or the others?

Comments

• Jazzy8999Jazzy8999 Member
    edited April 2015

Smartermail is the best

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @Jazzy8999 said:
    Smartermail is the best

$300 for 250 mail box , not suitable for me.

But thanks for your suggestion.

• Its free for 10 users

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @Jazzy8999 said:
    Its free for 10 users

I knew , User needs 20 - 30 boxes.

• Do your users like gmail or not? If yes, then get a Google Apps domain ;)

Thanked by 2danitfk ehab
  • I use Axigen but in Linux. Never used that in a windows box. In Linux, I run it to a small box with 6 domains and ~30 mailboxes. It is superb!

Thanked by 2danitfk Jazzy8999
  • @jvnadr said:
    I use Axigen but in Linux. Never used that in a windows box. In Linux, I run it to a small box with 6 domains and ~30 mailboxes. It is superb!

Oh thanks , I'll test Axigen first of all.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited April 2015

I am user of Hmail server on windows since last few years and very stable. Does not have any limits..

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @jvnadr said:
    I use Axigen but in Linux. Never used that in a windows box. In Linux, I run it to a small box with 6 domains and ~30 mailboxes. It is superb!

I have an old box (centOS 5.11) with Axigen running around 120 Mailboxes. The SPAM filtering is horribly bad. I never made an Axigen server again for Mailing.

Can you offer some help ?

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @jvnadr said:

Interesting, what distros ur using?

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • NomadNomad Member

Hmailserver does the job. I have installed that years ago, and even now it's being heavily used in a company without problems.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • mehargags said: I have an old box (centOS 5.11) with Axigen running around 120 Mailboxes. The SPAM filtering is horribly bad. I never made an Axigen server again for Mailing

Axigen is not an one-click-and-go mail server. It is easy to be installed but need a lot of configuration to fulfill your needs. What problem did you face with spam filtering? Rejecting a lot of emails? In all mail servers I have installed, I usually have either low or in some cases disabled spam filtering, because even with spamassassin I faced a lot of legit emails being rejected. This is a reason I avoid to use in my bussiness free solutions like gmail and hotmail, because of their tight policies about spam that, some times, reject mails from servers not properly configured (e.g. wrong rdns settings). All of those solutions need training and effort to work nicely. So, you have to play a lot to configure spam rules meet your expectations or manually delete spam from your inbox. And every one of us needs different config of antispam rules, depending of the usage and purposes.

Jazzy8999 said: Interesting, what distros ur using?

Mostly ubuntu 12.04 and debian 7.

Have to mention that axigen is free for 100 mailboxes maximum. They also have an active forum that can be very helpful and a section there specifically for spam/virus protection.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @jvnadr said:
    Have to mention that axigen is free for 100 mailboxes maximum. They also have an active forum that can be very helpful and a section there specifically for spam/virus protection.

downloading now, trying both of free and 30 days evaluation ...
    Thanks

• I have ran Axigen and hMailServer on Windows and both of them are good. hMailServer is a very simple setup and completely free. Axigen is as well. So whichever you choose will work great for you.

• I did choose hMail for this time.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

If you buy a windows vps from a Smartermail partner, we are allowed to provide a free 250 User Smartermail professional license.