Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - Billing/Support = Confusing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - Billing/Support = Confusing

2»

Comments

• @geekalot said:
    Otherwise, I am quite happy with Online.net so far.

As I know, only 1 reminder but it's suprise for me because possible 'cancel the cancellation'.

Cancel Dedibox XC because got Dedibox Limited 1115.

• @Amitz said:
    Oh, come on! That post lets you look stupid. You can do better! There is really nothing bad here to complain about...

Ok @MonsteR doesn't have a case here. But read this:
    I was sold a e3 1220 server as e3 1230 (mentioned in their order page etc).
    When I promptly complained, they said it was a mistake and retracted the server and refunded. But I was not alone in this, there are many who bought 1220 thinking it is 1230.

What takes the cake is, suddenly there was a promo of 1220 servers with much reduced price tag.
    We felt fooled.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

geekalot said: The bigger challenge with Online.net is figuring out HOW to cancel :)

so how do you cancel?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    Thanked by 14n0nx
  • ^^ @4n0nx, @iKeyZ beat me to it before I read your message.

• Their pricing is unreal ... but that comes with unreal support as well :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MonsteR said:

Do you think this is ok?

You accepted those terms, no one forced you to, so stop crying.

Thanked by 1pbalazs123
  • @Nyr said:
    You accepted those terms, no one forced you to, so stop crying.

So if i put in my terms of service I can repo your house if you fail to pay does this mean i can actually do it ?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MonsteR said: So if i put in my terms of service I can repo your house if you fail to pay does this mean i can actually do it ?

No, you wouldn't have a chance in court. But the billing clause we are referring to is surely not abusive under French law and they are within their right to apply it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

MonsteR said: So if i put in my terms of service I can repo your house if you fail to pay does this mean i can actually do it ?

Also @Nyr most likely would not agree to such terms of service, and hence would not even begin to use any "service" that you were trying to offer. Simple and clean, don't like the ToS -- don't sign up in the first place.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • VereloxVerelox Member
    edited April 2015

MonsteR said: Is it just me or does this seem kind of rude while trying to talk to a company regarding canceling and them still trying to charge me automatically this gets put into the convo ?

We used to rent dedicated servers from online.net but their project manager started showing a lack of respect (while trying to provide us with support) so we were forced to stop using their services - we were even charged approx. 310 EUR the next month for "failover IPs" although our main servers were cancelled before this happened by a month. Their support is really confusing and some of the operators don't speak English very well, but at least they respond to your tickets unlike OVH - Hetzner however is a better alternative in my opinion

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Verelox said: Hetzner however is a better alternative in my opinion

But you have to send an ID scan to Hetzner >:(

• 8QE8QE Member

You may send them a ticket to ask a cancellation before the 25th of every month, but if you submit ticket too late they will not accept.

• irmirm Member

The fact that you yourself are a service provider and have this sort of dumb as fuck rebuttal in regards to Online.net and their TOS simply because you couldn't take the time to read the terms of service and billing agreement of a product you signed up for makes me wonder about you...

rm_ said: Simple and clean, don't like the ToS -- don't sign up in the first place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanked by 1rm_