Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMware Workstation or Virtualbox [4K Display]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMware Workstation or Virtualbox [4K Display]

danitfkdanitfk Member

Hello dear fellows ,

I have a Lenovo Y50 with 4K display (3860x2160) But VMware Workstation 11 and Latest of virtualbox doesn't support this resolution for display of VM.

Is there solution for running VM with this resolution ?

Thanks .

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I would imagine you would need to use pcie pass through and embed the native hardware in to the VM however as this is a laptop I cant see you getting far with that.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • Despite the fact that the VMs do not support such resolutions (afaik, haven't tried so far), have you found a solution for the VMware Workstation 11 GUI? The icons are horribly small on my 4K laptop and that kinda sucks.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited April 2015

VMWare supports these resolution. I have a 5K Display and VMWare Fusion and it's supported alright.

If the Mac Version supports it, I don't see why the Windows version would not.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @NeoXiD said:
    Despite the fact that the VMs do not support such resolutions (afaik, haven't tried so far), have you found a solution for the VMware Workstation 11 GUI? The icons are horribly small on my 4K laptop and that kinda sucks.

No , I didn't find anything for fixing this problem too.