Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with Crissic [RESOLVED]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem with Crissic [RESOLVED]

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited April 2015 in General

Hi.

I bought a $13/year 512mb ram LA VPS from Crissic yesterday.

I spent almost a whole day trying to get VNC to work.

As you can see here. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1003584

I bought the VPS solely because I needed an LA IP as I have been living there for the past few months for my job, and I will be traveling to different cities almost every week.

I browse a lot of forums and when you are constantly logging in from different cities they ban you or put your account as under investigation.

I bought the VPS on the premise that I would have a 100% LA ip meaning most geo location sites will show the IP as LA.

Anyways after spending a lot of hours getting VNC to work I log into one of the forums and my account gets temporarily banned for logging in from a jacksonville florida IP.

I opened a ticket with Crissic asking why my IP shows Jacksonville Flordia when the LA test IP they put on https://crissic.net/los-angeles_vps_pre-launch shows LA

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/167.160.160.160

Here is a screen shot of the ticket.

http://i.imgur.com/Kxxeqpx.png

They refuse to change the IP to one that actually says LA.

I understand that if I do a trace route it will show it being routed to LA, but that does not help my situation.

So now this VPS is useless to me, and it's $13 down the drain as I can not use it for what I need to use it for.

I doubt anyone would be willing to buy the VPS from me and have it transferred to their account now.

I have been a loyal crissic customer for over 2 years now and have given them hundreds of dollars they wont do a simple thing like change my ip.
http://i.imgur.com/sluOhVo.png

Also, are there any providers that can provide a VPS with an LA IP that actually shows its from LA on geolocation sites for $13/year for similar if not better specs.

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Maybe they don't have any actual LA IPs left..

• shellshell Member

i have one vps in LA node

one ip geolocated to florida, one ip geolocated to LA hahaha

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

Making sure one's IPs show correct location in all geolocation databases is a real pain in the arse I must say. Only Maxmind is doing a decent job at updating their records. All others are either completely ignoring correction requests or it takes months to update. The good news is that eventually (in a few months) things will get corrected everywhere. The response you have received in the ticket is valid, you just need to wait.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dcc said:
    Making sure one's IPs show correct location in all geolocation databases is a real pain in the arse I must say. Only Maxmind is doing a decent job at updating their records. All others are either completely ignoring correction requests or it takes months to update. The good news is that eventually (in a few months) things will get corrected everywhere. The response you have received in the ticket is valid, you just need to wait.

I would like to reinforce this response. The host is not responsible for third party databases which update at an interval not within their control.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @xaitmi said:
    I doubt anyone would be willing to buy the VPS from me and have it transferred to their account now.

Accepting any free VPS #cough

• I'll give ya $10 for it

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

EDIT: nm, glad you got your problem solved

• I will give you $11 for it :).

• Hi guys.

They replied to the ticket randomly and resolved my issue.

Mod can close this thread. Thanks

• NdhaNdha Member
    edited April 2015

@xaitmi that's weird..cause week before i had same problem with you in LA, different is when i browsing over vnc it always show google hongkong..

I open ticket and staff offer me to change ip or move to different node..

Same story with my boltvm (ex crissic IP), show google hongkong..

• @Ndha said:
    xaitmi that's weird..cause week before i had same problem with you in LA, different is when i browsing over vnc it always show google hongkong..

I open ticket and staff offer me to change ip or move to different node..

Same story with my boltvm (ex crissic IP), show google hongkong..

Yeah I noticed that hongkong thing as well. It is very strange.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi, I can provide you something, if still needed.

The GeoIP resolve to California. You can try it yourself with the IPv4 into the Looking Glass: http://dns-lax.gdbi.info

Regards, David.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Gave you an IP from his personal VPS to resolve an issue that really isn't their problem. That's pretty classy.

+1 for Crissic

• Wow,their service is really good.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited April 2015

Props to crissic

//EDIT: As much as I hate their mail restrictions

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Look, how much dedicated they are for their clients. Even the staff gave you his Own Personal VPS IP for you. Professionalism +1 for Crissic.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Look, how much dedicated they are for their clients. Even the staff gave you his Own Personal VPS IP for you. Professionalism +1 for Crissic.

Can you elaborate a little bit of your sarcastic sentence ?

• blackblack Member

This is honestly starting to get bad. Bitch on LET and get special treatment shouldn't be a thing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@black said:
    This is honestly starting to get bad. Bitch on LET and get special treatment shouldn't be a thing.

It's how the smart provider avoids threads like this either starting or spiralling out of control. Why deal with the lowendmob when you don't have to.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • So you couldn't even wait a day for your ticket to be resolved and had to complain here? You're the kind of customer everyone wants for $13/year.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
This discussion has been closed.