Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET ads are joke! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET ads are joke!

2»

Comments

chicagovps ads look likes gay banner , first time when i saw it i thought that is belong to gay forum :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: @Nick_A Ramnode can handle those minecraft skiddies way better.

Yep! McMyAdmin template in our SolusVM, too.

• Just Disabled my AdBlocker, to see these ADS.

Just wondering: Are they Serious about this stuff ? Because its looking to Childish.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, i am curious how did this influence sales. Click rates say nothing, anyone has any comparison ?
    TBH I dont believe advertising here will have an effect, at least a measurable one, here ppl are not looking to buy VPS, so, I think the ads reflect that, are more internal jokes.
    M

• @Taz_NinjaHawk So can ours :3

Except our prices are slightly less low end.

• DoznDozn Member
    edited September 2012

@SimpleNode It's MV Boli, not Comic Sans

Also, your Minecraft servers don't give nearly enough RAM needed. 80MB -> 130MB per player without any mods, assuming they're by themselves. With your recommended players, you're giving each player 34.13MB on your smallest plan (Testing Done Here). Not to mention you're not using SSDs, which gives huge performance benefits + less lag in-game.

• I'd love to see some stats from the providers on how the banner ads are performing for them, I much prefer purchasing from the offer threads as there's active discussion & more details to sift through.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2012

@HalfEatenPie The prodigal pie returns!

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Is there anything that blocks your comments?

I'll put something together..

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: It is almost 3 am and I am tired as hell. So if some one finds me stupid, I won't complain.

mmmm.... maybe your rant is a little unmotived. As you know a banner is required to actually place an order. I didn't have one to place and a joke was my best idea ;-)

Time to ask help to the community for a real banner....

Thanked by 2Randy Taz
  • @Dozn
    Looks like Comic Sans :P

I'm going to be honest here; I've personally not done extensive testing of player slots, instead we've based our decision on the reccomended slots by looking at what other, much larger hosts reccommend (which I agree is not the best idea in the world) eg; BeastNode reccommends up to 18 players on a 512MB server.

We do have customers running servers with a constant 20 users on on our 512MB plan with no problem, however I agree it can vary depending on plugins, map size and also how close players are together. I'm not sure how old that article is, however Minecraft's RAM usage has also dropped slightly during the last few updates.

In regards to SSDs, I totally agree that they provider better performance, however they do not make a server have "huge performance benefits" in most cases. Our RAID10 drives are perfectly fine for Minecraft (they manage around 200MB/s), however, as I said before, I agree that SSDs would bring a performance benefit, however nowhere near as much as a benefit as you're making it sound.

• DoznDozn Member
    edited September 2012

@SimpleNode It has nothing to do with the MB/s, the seek time is what matters. When you load new chunks, HDD has a much greater seek time, while SSDs are instant in comparison. No amount of RAIDing will help that =3
    Edit: The seek time causes quite a bit of lag, especially when you consider the amount of people who are constantly loading new chunks on a single node.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2012

Deleted, due to missunderstanding.

• Ah.. I didn't even aware LET has ads prior to reading this thread.
    Adblocker done its job right.

• I'd whitelist LET from Adblock but the annoying flashy ones are distracting and look horrible. Tims ad was pretty good, but these other ones mostly suck.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: I like alex and securespeed ads really nice.

Thanks.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: It is almost 3 am and I am tired as hell. So if some one finds me stupid, I won't complain.

A picture speaks a thousand words... What you need is a half naked female Ninjahawk ;)

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Honestly it is not worth it at all. First i thought they'd sell only 2

Perhaps pay attention with the same level of detail you would expect your customers to make when signing up to your service it clearly states 100,000 impressions per month minimum. However, as you can see above please don't whinge to us for your own marketing abilities / choices. Feel free to cancel your ad at any time, in fact if you cancel right now i'll issue you a refund minus BSA's commission. I'd rather have you not advertise with us, and instead pay in comparison rates elsewhere if you're unhappy.

$0.75 CPM LowEndTalk/LowEndBox
    $5.00 CPM FreeVPS.US
    $20.00 CPM on WebHostingTalk

Thanked by 1Taz
  • @Chief said: clearly states 100,000 impressions per month minimum.

And that is why I bought my ad, it gives me the chance to gain name recognition, if sales happen, great, but I don't expect them, I've always focused on a higher level of service than even large groups of staff. And that takes word of mouth advertising to shine, but first you need the 21 impressions to get stuck in someones mind.

These ads also provide an avenue to support LET/LEB, and just like TV, the viewer is not the customer, the advertiser is, so if anyone is going to effect changes around here, it will be us advertisers :P

Thanked by 1soda
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: so if anyone is going to effect changes around here, it will be us advertisers :P

It is a conspiracy, I knew it :(
    M

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: why not use that 75$ with a nice banner/ad instead of using horrible copy attacks?

First of all know your facts.... Chief made it for me just to have something until I made my own real ad. I just moved and did not have the right program to make it on my laptop.

Second, the Ad is kind of genius as it is getting crazy clicks, almost dont want to change it

• @Maounique said: It is a conspiracy, I knew it :(

Just don't tell @DanielM, there is not enough foil for both of you on this.

• I wish I could see the ads, All I see is greeness, Everywhere, My eyes are burning thanks to f.lux.. Colour Temperature app.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2012

@Jacob said: I wish I could see the ads, All I see is greeness, Everywhere, My eyes are burning thanks to f.lux.. Colour Temperature app.

• If I have hurt anyone's feeling , I am sorry. Did not knew that things would get violent. But anyhow,

GOOD MORNING!

• @miTgiB said: Just don't tell @DanielM, there is not enough foil for both of you on this.

Ads no longer show here so nothing to complain about.. Ever since i installed Do not track plus hardly any ads show. which is worrying

• I personally found the competing ads extremely funny when I disabled adblock to look at them.