Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider beta - UK is Redstation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider beta - UK is Redstation

YKMYKM Member

So no SMTP.. a big disappointment :(

Thanked by 1Scottsman

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

IIRC that's a long-term RedStation policy but they have a relay on-site.

• I quite like RedStation their network is solid from my own experience. Hopefully all goes well and there is always an alternative.

• YKMYKM Member

Ahh right.. only problem I have with a relay is you never know what is really going on.. and I cant see redstation wanting to reply to "Can you send me the logs for xyz on date 1234 at time 456" so you can track a problem.

Wonder why they are so paranoid.. others manage port 25 without that much hassle.

Oh well.. its not for me.

• J1021J1021 Member

YKM said: Ahh right.. only problem I have with a relay is you never know what is really going on.. and I cant see redstation wanting to reply to "Can you send me the logs for xyz on date 1234 at time 456" so you can track a problem.

Run your own local mail host that relays to the RedStation relay.

• YKMYKM Member

kcaj said: Run your own local mail host that relays to the RedStation relay.

I could but once the hand off is done, thats it, I cannot be 100% sure what happens.. just seems a very odd way of doing things :S

• jhjh Member

One of my long-term customers has kit at Redstation and uses the relay. Never had any delivery problems.

• YKMYKM Member

Oneprovider got back to me as I sent them a note about this, they said thanks and that this is exactly what the beta is for and they will talk to the DC to get unfiltered SMTP in that location.

So I am really impressed with them answering quickly and taking this seriously.

Good news if it happens :)