Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend me a vps

I am looking to move from my current VPS provider where I pay $25/month for a vps (1GB Ram, dont know anything else about it). It is fully managed with 2 No. IP4 and CPanel license.

I think I could potentially save some money by moving it somewhere cheaper plus CPanel licenses now a days are $10/month.

Could someone recommend a cheap VPS with good reputation? Are BudgetVM any good? What about Evoburst?

Thanks

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited April 2015

You can't go wrong with us, EvoBurst :)

Make sure to use the coupon BUNNYEARS for 20% off :P

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

there are many check this out http://list.lowendserv.net/ select a couple then do the search and if still confused email providers or ask.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, two IP's and fully managed for $25? That's a pretty good damn price.

BudgetVM is OK, Evoburst, I've no idea, never used their services :-).

• forumsuk said: I think I could potentially save some money by moving it somewhere cheaper plus CPanel licenses now a days are $10/month.

You might want to inquire about cPanel pricing with your new host first, as external licenses are still $12-14 monthly.

@joodle said:
    You can't go wrong with us, EvoBurst :)

Make sure to use the coupon BUNNYEARS for 20% off :P

Do you also provide 24 core access in NL?

• @MrGeneral said:
    Do you also provide 24 core access in NL?

Yep

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@joodle said:
    Yep

Cool, will probably signup.
    Edit: Just did.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited April 2015

@MrGeneral said:

24 shared core in NL and LA.

32 Shared Core in SEA.

Coupon: EasterGrinch for 20% off for lifetime but limited to 30 uses

Coupon that joodle posted is 20% off for 3 months

Thanked by 2MikePT Frecyboy

@AutoSnipe said:

Damnit, I signed up with his coupon. Is there any way I can change it?

I've also paid but still shows as unpaid.

• MrGeneral said: Damnit, I signed up with his coupon. Is there any way I can change it?

Submit a ticket :)

@joodle said:
    Submit a ticket :)

Doing it now. Thanks :)

• @MrGeneral Yeah sure, just send in a ticket and i will adjust it for you include the transaction id in there. (God i hate paypal sometimes)

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited April 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    MrGeneral Yeah sure, just send in a ticket and i will adjust it for you include the transaction id in there. (God i hate paypal sometimes)

Sure thing, done. I'll also add the transaction ID. Thanks!

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • AutoSnipe said: Coupon: EasterGrinch for 20% off for lifetime but limited to 30 uses

Only for the 2gb Plan?

• @frecyboy no it is active for EvoBurst2g->EvoBurst8g

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

@forumsuk $25 for a managed VPS are alright. Unless you can manage it yourself, I would not change anything.

never change a running system

• I am confused regarding EvoBurst.

What does "2 VPS Limit" means? You order 2 VPS at once, or you can only order a maximum of 2 VPS?

• sepeisepei Member

Thats a resource bundle so you can make with your bundle 2 vps if you want or 1 vps with 2 ips. Its just limited at 2 vps at once

• @default - pretty much what @sepei said, it's a resource bundle, you can assign all resources to one VM, or you can split them in half or any way you like within the purchased specifications.

So, you can have 1GB Ram VM in Netherlands and 1GB Ram VM in Los Angeles for the same price, or a 2GB Ram VM in Los Angeles. or wherever else.

• sepeisepei Member

@AutoSnipe
    Why do you use openvz as virtualisation technology and not kvm or xen? would be in my opinion more interesting

• @sepei - We are looking at offering KVM/XEN as well in the current locations if sales are decent for our OVZ lines. But this could come later down the track. All of the providers we use are more then willing to accommodate expansions at any time. But it's all the cost factor currently, we have made a giant leap acquiring some high end hardware and Openvz is our way to test the waters so to speak, not to mention a lot easier for us to monitor for abuse etc. But things are looking quite well for KVM or XEN to be available mid year Fingers Crossed. (but as with most, there will be a euro or two difference between plans)