Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$20/mo Dedicated Server By Server Complete - Not in France!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$20/mo Dedicated Server By Server Complete - Not in France!!

2»

Comments

• sin said: and they all still work great with no signs of failure.

I would not shut down this PC for an extended time period...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SnapeSnape Member

@earl said:

Is it cause you don't like change? I can't imagine what you would have paid for that PIII >10 years ago. Hopefully they have adjusted your price to reflect the current market >value..

It hosts a handful of rather large Wordpress sites for a client, in essentially a managed-server capacity. They've been happy with the performance (back when RAQs still roamed the datacenters, you quickly learned how to optimize software) and never asked for an upgrade, and WII has never offered an upgrade any time a PSU or HD has died. I'm sure if I pestered them they'd probably give me an Atom or something, but, eh.

I mean, a couple years ago the client took a full frontal slashdotting on there, and survived just fine. With code optimizations over the years, the sites are probably faster now than it was originally. (Wordpress, years and years ago, was... not fast.)

I got it on some holiday (Black Friday, maybe) promo they were having at the time. $45/mo. And no, they've not adjusted the price, either, though I think they have upped the bandwidth to be in line with current offerings, since IIRC back then you got like 100GB/mo with a server, and it's been exceeding that monthly for... several years, without any overages.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @MarkTurner said:
    they were taking days (4-5 days) to replace disks

That's quick. My Kimsufi server waited 28 days for a new drive.

• msg7086 said: That's quick. My Kimsufi server waited 28 days for a new drive.

OVH has always been good to me. We've had disks swapped out in 30 minutes or less. Actually exemplary in all but one occasions when on a RAID1 server, they pulled the wrong disk and then couldn't find it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    they pulled the wrong disk and then couldn't find it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @comXyz - I kid you not. But out of 15-20 disk failures over the past 2 years the rest were handled perfectly and quickly.

Thanked by 2netomx comXyz
  • Amitz said: That's so funny. The same server did cost me around $250,- per month back in 2009. I think it was at Singlehop in Chicago.

With new configuration coming in, the prices of the old hardwares are going down.

Instead of going such low configuration and grabbing a dedicated server, why not go with a newer hardware VPS?