Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

servermania - Six Steps To Success For Your VPS Startup ???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

servermania - Six Steps To Success For Your VPS Startup ???

mikimiki Member

Hi,

I see on right side here on forum banner:

And that banner is linked to this page:
http://www.servermania.com/starting-a-vps-company.htm?utm_source=LowEndBox&utm_medium=Sticky_Banner&utm_content=WhitePaper_StartupVPS&utm_campaign=LET_WP

But when I fill form and subscribe to their list I don't get promised report.

Did anybody get access to that guide?

Comments

• not like this company, i have order $88/4G plan OVZ, but always down, ask for that, just say reboot balabalabala , one week down 3-5times and not tell know. just see in my mirror

• cassacassa Member

You have to confirm your e-mail address and then you'll get a welcome email with the url in it.

• NomadNomad Member

Maybe the first step is that which means do not trust or depend on 3rd party to get you up on your feet...

• mikimiki Member

@cassa Yes I confirmed email subscription but didn't get any link with PDF download.
    Did you get it??

• mikimiki Member

Ah, ok, got it now..thanks

• It's just some random crap so they can email you offers every so often, don't bother signing up...

• @miki , and this is the magical PDF document.. http://docdroid.net/wjiu

Thanked by 2vpssamy ehab
  • mikimiki Member

Yes, it is waste of time, just unsubscribed from their email list after reading it.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, ServerMania at least try to contibute for the industry. I'm sure that if many hosts follow their advices in the .pdf, they'd be more successful. Props to them for trying to help.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Let's see how many summerhosts follow this

Thanked by 1Catalin
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Let's see how many summerhosts follow this

Keep aside how many will follow think about the fun we'll be having when they misinterpret what they read. We'll have good troll sessions in the forum

• jhjh Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Let's see how many summerhosts follow this

I just skipped to the "last minute advice" section at the end

• @BharatB said:
    Keep aside how many will follow think about the fun we'll be having when they misinterpret what they read. We'll have good troll sessions in the forum

Summer trolls wake up soon from hibernation. Let's see where this ends.

• NomadNomad Member

A pdf, an online.net limited server, pimples and some pocket money for the summer...

Summer is coming guys.

• Does step 1 involve buying a dedi from them?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Does step 1 involve buying a dedi from them?

Yes, "You’re going to need enterprise-grade VPS nodes in order for your server to run effectively, hardware that Server Mania can easily provide."

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • online.net limited server or not server are not competitive for low end vps market cause the price of the ip adressess they are ok for managed vps where profit came from managment and for shared hosting

• Summer is comming to us.. :))

• like the summertimes - don't like the gvh-school-holidays-hoster ..

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2015

WHMCS - $15/mo

Some cheap dedi - $100-$150/mo

SolusVM - $10/mo

Domain - $10/year

Themeforest template for website - ~$20

Developing everything - $0

So, to start a summer host, you need some cash and a little bit of time. :p

• @linuxthefish said:
    It's just some random crap so they can email you offers every so often, don't bother signing up...

@miki said:
    Yes, it is waste of time, just unsubscribed from their email list after reading it.

What's with the negativity in here?

It's not a bad document and if only half the hosts in here would follow their advice, they'd be more sustainable than they are today. Most "businesses" here have probably done half the work setting up their business than Servermania has writing that document.

Props for the document from Servermania!