Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest VPS/DEDI, that could run at high load 24/7?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest VPS/DEDI, that could run at high load 24/7?

deeetroitdeeetroit Member
edited April 2015 in Help

Doesn't need to be an amazing CPU or RAM, just needs to run browsers fine. Preferably unmetered traffic. Lowest offer received so far is $24/yr VPS so anything lower/close I'm interested in.

Comments

• Define high load. Not all CPUs are equal. Do you need powerful CPU, or just any CPU?

• Could you be more specific please

• Bit like abusive cores I presume I.E. 100% CPU at all times?
    @drserver
    http://abusivecores.com/

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Well, any dedicated server can run high load 24/7...

• @rds100 @MrRapidHost Updated thread.

@iwaswrongonce I recognize that but I don't know how to word the thread title for both, leave me alone xD.

• What's your budget?

• @abelohost Added to thread.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If you want to avoid disappointment just get a cheap dedi from online.net or kimsufi, any VPS host offering you the sort of dedicated resources you need to run browser bots 24x7 for $24 p/year is an idiot

• I think dedicated server is best, those firefox processes seem to use a lot of disk I/O!

• Here are some dedicated servers options for you:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 10TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $39/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5420161000

Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 25TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $49/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5520241000

All of them include Interworx-10, Blesta, Virtualizor-3. You can reinstall the server from the provisioning panel, obviously no charge.

Add a second disk for free hardware RAID.

Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

E3-1240 v2

16 GB ECC RAM

1TB HDD / 120GB SSD

/29 IPv4

5TB @ 1GBPS

$49/mo

• Uhm.. Runabove sandbox? Impressive performance and uptime.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish default
  • AnthonySmith said: If you want to avoid disappointment just get a cheap dedi from online.net or kimsufi, any VPS host offering you the sort of dedicated resources you need to run browser bots 24x7 for $24 p/year is an idiot

>
    I'm kind of new to all of this, can you explain why? I have been offered 1 cpu core and can use 100% of that. What's wrong with that? Unlike my cheap ass $2/yr VPS that's limited to 2.5% or I'm suspended. A dedicated server (I thought and could be wrong) seems overkill to run a browser/hitleap 24/7?

• Many VPS providers wont want hitleap running on their nodes. Its not just about CPU its also network and disk IO.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@deeetroit said:

For hitleaps there are different configs reqd standard hdd isnt getting you anywhere how many minutes you earn depends on ur network and IO I can get u custom quote for a node if you're upto the costs it will be ssds on raid 0 since hitleap data isnt worth the trouble ill also get u setup with a ready to use hitleap template win / linux borh so u can choose what you want.

Now coming back to vps anyone who offers u 100% cpu at a price too gpod to be true is definitely trying to sell for a buck and is a complete idiot who llater wont know what to dp when his node cracks up. Abusivecores gives you cpu but isn't having gud IO.

U've got a good choice here sp think b4 u spend.

• NomadNomad Member

Cheapest? Online.net or Kimsufi servers. But their cpu sucks. If you need better cpu, go with other offers here.

• J1021J1021 Member

Vultr allow 100% CPU use.

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited April 2015

@dediserve also allows 100 % CPU usage

Thanked by 1dediserve