Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadraNet InfraCloud inconvenient experience.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadraNet InfraCloud inconvenient experience.

XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
edited April 2015 in Reviews

So I ordered a InfraCloud on QN, and added some IPv6 addresses.

But it seems that they're unpingable, so I know I should apply these IPs to the VM manually.

(Debian 7 64bit)

When I typed apt-get update,

"Cannot resolve host name: ftp.debian.org"

So it seems that the DNS is not pre-set in the ISO.

I tried to open DNS setting file in VI, but the keyboard was a mess, cannot edit.

So I know I should "apt-get install vim", but still "cannot resolve host name: ftp.debian.org"

This is a cycle, I am not able to install vim or vi the DNS file, so inconvenient.

BTW, @QuadraNet, can you stop Jenny from "spamming" my email? Long ago I asked some questions about your dedicated server, but she is always sending me "你们什么时候订机器" (When do you want to order a server), which "spammed" me several times.

Added: your panel often got errors, such as 500.

And also some "errors" without reason, showing in a red ribbon.

Comments

• Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk how may I help you?

Seriously. A single support ticket to QN could have solved this issue within the hour.

• @telephone said:
    Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk how may I help you?

Seriously. A single support ticket to QN could have solved this issue within the hour.

I think this way can solve the DNS problem, but their panel often get 500 error.

Now I've went back to TragicServers, they coloed their nodes @ QN...

QN's Asia optimize network is good.

• KrisKris Member
    echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf;
    echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf;
    echo "nameserver 4.2.2.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf; 

• It is @QuadraNet_Adam

I have an account with them a year ago (Infracloud), so I try to logging in back and order a new service, but I can't. Maybe my account was deleted because I have no active service with them for a long time.

I try no make a new order last week, but it was declined and refunded, and he/they don't give me reason why.

XIAOSpider97 said: but the keyboard was a mess, cannot edit.

What about on-screen keyboard?

• SadySady Member

Why is this drama?
    It's not new that vi is outdated in scripts & doesn't work in way vim works. Why don't you simply use nano? Or maybe use echo like one said earlier?

• @QuadraNet_Adam fix your mail server, always in spam folder:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 2607:fcd0:0:20::1234 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) client-ip=2607:fcd0:0:20::1234;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • sinsin Member

I'm using their Debian 7 64-Bit Image and I'm not having those problems? Try hitting up their support, their support is fast as hell I sometimes think Quadranet's CEO keeps the support guys chained to their chairs with an IV of caffeine.

• XIAOSpider97 said: So I ordered a InfraCloud on QN, and added some IPv6 addresses.

But it seems that they're unpingable, so I know I should apply these IPs to the VM manually.

(Debian 7 64bit)

When I typed apt-get update,

"Cannot resolve host name: ftp.debian.org"

So it seems that the DNS is not pre-set in the ISO.

I tried to open DNS setting file in VI, but the keyboard was a mess, cannot edit.

So I know I should "apt-get install vim", but still "cannot resolve host name: ftp.debian.org"

This is a cycle, I am not able to install vim or vi the DNS file, so inconvenient.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with resolving "ftp.debian.org" with your server. Have you made any changes to any configuration files that could of caused this? Regardless, the good news is that this is something that can easily be fixed in under a minute by making some adjustments to the resolv.conf file. Were you able to verify the contents of /etc/resolv.conf, as @Kris suggested?

While our service is unmanaged, we will gladly take a peek and help you out where we can, have you contacted our support department yet? If so what is your ticket ID?

Feel free to PM me with that information so I can identify your account.

XIAOSpider97 said: QN's Asia optimize network is good.

Thanks! We have been making big improvements to our network lately as far as connectivity to Asia is concerned, so I'm sure you're noticing some awesome latency ;)

alexvolk said: fix your mail server, always in spam folder:

This has already been fixed, please let me know if it continues to persist. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

sin said: I'm using their Debian 7 64-Bit Image and I'm not having those problems? Try hitting up their support, their support is fast as hell I sometimes think Quadranet's CEO keeps the support guys chained to their chairs with an IV of caffeine.

Glad to hear that! We keep our ticket response times almost instantaneous, with our average response time being under a few minutes. We employ our own in-house staff who work on-site, physically at the same datacenter facility where your servers are housed at, so if there is ever a problem, rest assured someone is always there to help, even if it's Christmas Day at 5 in the morning ;)

We are also available toll free, 24x7 -- 888-578-2372

Thanks,

Adam

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    even if it's Christmas Day at 5 in the morning ;)

Now would that be my timezone 5AM or your timezone 5am?? hehe ;)

• @OnraHost said:
    Now would that be my timezone 5AM or your timezone 5am?? hehe ;)

24x7 includes all timezones ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

ItsChrisG said: includes all timezones

Holidays, natural disasters, end of the world, etc.

• Natural disasters and end of the world will be at 99.9% SLA lol

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

QuadraNet_Adam said: This has already been fixed, please let me know if it continues to persist. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Had this problem earlier today. Mail going to spam