Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx, redir and ipsystems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx, redir and ipsystems

Hello,

Got a box from ipsystems and as soon as I install redir it won't let php or nginx start on boot. I have fucking reinstalled the entire VM on my iPad in this pub. About to rip my hair out. I can start nginx and php after boot. I don't care if you have any dirty fixes or not I just need a fix.

Comments

• I must add I have another 10 VMs KVM and ovz all working fine. However this is the only ovz ssd.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Error?

• uhm

chkconfig nginx on ?

And you can't "start" PHP on boot... what...

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    uhm

chkconfig nginx on ?

Guessing php-fpm

• RaptaRapta Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I have fucking reinstalled the entire VM on my iPad in this pub.

GCSE's are coming up lad, you're only in year 11, best get revising or else you'll be on benefits and be selling IPv6 VPS's like a certain someone.

• @Rapta said:
    GCSE's are coming up lad, you're only in year 11, best get revising or else you'll be on benefits and be selling IPv6 VPS's like a certain someone.

Year 10. Got 3 biology. Managed to dodge an extra 2 maths next year.

@Jar said:
    Guessing php-fpm

Yup.

@GIANT_CRAB

Will try that. Done the > @GIANT_CRAB said:

uhm

chkconfig nginx on ?

I will try this tomorrow done the usual inIt crap.

@jar I got no error :(

TinyTunnel_Tom said: I got no error :(

Well, if you can't start nginx there should be something at least in /var/log/nginx/error.log. Otherwise I'd say you've got a broken init script.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Like good ole @jar said look in the logs. A php-fpm error will definitely prevent nginx from starting also and will not show a failed if you do /etc/init.d/nginix start or service nginx start.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar will have a look up in logs. I can start it afterwards just not at boot atm

• if it's ISPSystems I think it is, you could always pay their support to help lol.

• @Licensecart said:
    if it's ISPSystems I think it is, you could always pay their support to help lol.

No. Ipsystemsltd

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    No. Ipsystemsltd

Oh it's VPS provider :S can't they provide support?

• @Licensecart said:

Doubt it. Lol