Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Zimbra Beta Testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Zimbra Beta Testing

TACServersTACServers Member
edited April 2015 in General

Been toying around with offering a hosted Zimbra service, and I think I've just about nailed down where I'd like it to be..

I'm looking for a few good folks that are willing to test out this service. In exchange for your time and a few DNS entries on your side, I'll provide a Zimbra Admin login. This will allow you to create users and do other administration tasks... I won't give them away to just anyone, and I don't have that much time to setup everyone.. So let's start with say.. 20 domains? Please, let's look at this as a Beta test.. No guarantees, no promises.

Comments

• @cncking - Whilst not looking to be a paying customer, I am happy to have a look. We've been a heavy Zimbra user since v2 so have been through the gotchas along the way

• MarkTurner said: Whilst not looking to be a paying customer, I am happy to have a look. We've been a heavy Zimbra user since v2 so have been through the gotchas along the way

Postmaster level account, or just an account on an existing domain? I could setup both. It does take a bit for the delegated Admin portion to be setup so that people only control what they need. Any tips on making this easier? Also, is there a way to reload the mailboxes, and the virtualhosts without taking the mailbox service completely offline for a restart?

• @cncking2000 - PM me - I can give you some advise on automating this. We did this a few years back