Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE

Comments

• They fixed the problem on my account, and I can now order an additional IP address.
    Probably going to wait until tomorrow to actually order it...

• exp82exp82 Member

How many additional IP you can order?

@isaacl said:
    They fixed the problem on my account, and I can now order an additional IP address.
    Probably going to wait until tomorrow to actually order it...

• Only see an option for 1, replied to the ticket asking them about that.

• Stock less then 42, hurry :)

• Great Got It :)

• exp82exp82 Member

Uh my main server ip get blacklisted how to handle this? Help n advice please

• RizRiz Member

@exp82 what kind of blacklist? were you trying to virtualize or are you talking about buse?

• Got a response:

indeed, the quota is limited to 1 IP on each of those limited.

• thanks for posting!

• RA4WRA4W Member

Thanks for the post i got one.

• Anyone got an E5?

• Last 8 servers.

• People... E5620 isn't E5, be careful.

Thanked by 3isaacl iKeyZ earl
  • Good point, thought it was an E5-2620, the E5620 is a whole different story...
    Thanks @yomero, think I'm going to hold off for now, might get one more E3.

• RizRiz Member

Alllll gone.

• ALL SOLD OUT!!

• Error: You are not allowed to order. Please contact Online support for more information.

• mycloud said: You need two public IPs. One for ESXi control, another for NAT. (Please correct if I am wrong)

No, it will work with only 1 IP, you'll ned iLO though. Bascially you create a WAN and a LAN switch/network in ESX, create a router VM and assign it's WAN interface the same MAC address as the host network card and have the ESX managament interface listen on the LAN switch only. Then you can connect to your ESX host through the router VM (e.g. by running an OpenVPN server on it).

This setup will lead to problems though if your router VM fails to boot for some reason as you won't be able to reach ESX without iLO.

Thanked by 1isaacl
  • @Dylan - how can you order 13 IPs? Which service level did you get?

• exp82exp82 Member

i get thi msg:

RATS Dyna
    SpamRATS! all
    SpamRATS! Dyna

what really is this ? i don't have any idea

@Riz said:
    exp82 what kind of blacklist? were you trying to virtualize or are you talking about buse?

• Out of stock already. Nice promo it was!

• @exp82 said:
    i get thi msg:

RATS Dyna
    SpamRATS! all
    SpamRATS! Dyna

what really is this ? i don't have any idea

exp82 what kind of blacklist? were you trying to virtualize or are you talking about buse?

Open a ticket to online?

• exp82exp82 Member

@mycloud said:
    Open a ticket to online?

i get this reply

Hello,

this IP is blacklisted only in RATS DYNA, maybe because it was an ISP IP before.
    The better is to contact them directly to inform them about it.

Unfortunately on our side we can't replace your IP.

Regards,

Julien V.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2015

Darn missed this deal.. Really nice offer cause its an HP dl320 with 512 raid cache. Well not really sure its worth the additional 10 euros over the previous offer though.

• Sounds like I can upgrade to the Business service, add additional IPs, and then cancel the business service.
    Not sure it's worthwhile at this point, but I definitely would add the second IP for now, and just use that for PFSense, seems easier than switching the main ESXi interface to use a different IP.

• @isaacl keep in mind that you might need some hacks to get the failover IP working correctly. They give you some random IP and tell you to set the subnet mask to /32 (or /0) and set an IP in your server's main subnet as the gateway. Many firewall solutions are really unhappy with /32s or /0s and won't allow it (e.g. VyOS doesn't)

• So it's not just an additional public IP address?
    I guess I can always set ESXi to use the failover IP, and switch the main IP to PFSense, unless there's no point of ordering the failover IP to begin with then...
    Thanks for the info!

• Missed this time. :(

• isaacl said: So it's not just an additional public IP address?

It is, but with weird settings. For example your server's main IP might be 23.24.25.26, your default gateway will then be 23.24.25.1. Online.net might assign you the failover IP 190.54.82.4 which will also have to use the gateway 23.24.25.1. This leads to the unusual scenario that you either need to set 190.54.82.4/32 or 190.54.82.4/0 on the public interface, both of which will cause problems.

This discussion has been closed.