Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMbox.co - waiting for a ticket reply? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMbox.co - waiting for a ticket reply?

2»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    how do we know it was just the one vm and not the whole node

So what you saying, that they are lying?

The usual group of members just can't accept the outcome as it is but have to try and develop it further.

• @ehab said:
    someone with rights can edit the title and remove the word that got us all in here.

"Deadpooled?" isn't a very good title...

• @trvz said:
    Maaaybe, if they can't keep up with industry standards, they shouldn't be active in the industry. The nature of hosting services requires their providers to be responsive in a few hours; any delays are a serious lack of quality and a sign of grave unreliability.

I have different brands/levels of support depending on which brand. Premium brand lines automatically get pushed to my phone + have outsourced support on hand. Budget brands at LET price? You'll get a response when I get around to it basically... While response times are (hopefully) within an hour or two, you get what you pay for. Hate to say it, but a $4/month client is not on the top of the priority list...

• FalzoFalzo Member

their support is working within reasonable times, given the small pricetag...
    seen much bigger companies answering very late or never at all, so would definitely recommend vmbox.co and there service, always reliable with decent performance.

• Lee said: So what you saying, that they are lying?

Some members are saying things like:

linuxthefish said: Apparently their server got taken down due to some DMCA?

trvz said: The nature of hosting services requires their providers to be responsive in a few hours; any delays are a serious lack of quality and a sign of grave unreliability.

Anyway, as mentioned in this thread, @Rapta already got a reply so maybe he can give us an update to this issue?

• "Apparently GIANT_CRAB has been raided by the fbi for smuggling plutonium in catfish".

There you have it. Someone wrote that. Is that true now?

I've had my VPS since some time now and it has been running nicely. I've seen considerably worse for more money. Moreover VMbox reacted here, too.

What the bloody fuck is there to complain about?

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited March 2015

bsdguy said: "Apparently GIANT_CRAB has been raided by the fbi for smuggling plutonium in catfish".

There you have it. Someone wrote that. Is that true now?

I've had my VPS since some time now and it has been running nicely. I've seen considerably worse for more money. Moreover VMbox reacted here, too.

What the bloody fuck is there to complain about?

Why are you still so butthurt over my previous post about how big of an asshole you are? Why are you still being such an asshole?

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    how do we know it was just the one vm and not the whole node

I'm sure the OP can confirm once he gets back to us.

• @GIANT_CRAB

You are far less important than you seem to desperately believe, giant crab (sic).

I merely reacted to the plain stupid "logic" of your remark.

• bsdguy said: @GIANT_CRAB

You are far less important than you seem to desperately believe, giant crab (sic).

I merely reacted to the plain stupid "logic" of your remark.

You're still not answering my question. Why are you reacting in such angry manner and being such an asshole?

• trvztrvz Member

@Jonchun said:
    I have different brands/levels of support depending on which brand. Premium brand lines automatically get pushed to my phone + have outsourced support on hand. Budget brands at LET price? You'll get a response when I get around to it basically... While response times are (hopefully) within an hour or two, you get what you pay for. Hate to say it, but a $4/month client is not on the top of the priority list...

This is not about support tickets only. For 4$/month, I don't expect any support at all. But I expect shit to work. The VM should be deployed correctly, I need to be able to configure it properly through whatever crap panel the provder chooses, the host should be online. It's the provider's responsibility to monitor his systems for errors and react in short time. If's he's unable to do that, or he's incompetent to set up acceptable processes, he simply doesn't belong in the hosting industry.

@trvz said:
    This is not about support tickets only. For 4$/month, I don't expect any support at all. But I expect shit to work. The VM should be deployed correctly, I need to be able to configure it properly through whatever crap panel the provder chooses, the host should be online. It's the provider's responsibility to monitor his systems for errors and react in short time. If's he's unable to do that, or he's incompetent to set up acceptable processes, he simply doesn't belong in the hosting industry.

Hmm, the VM was deployed correctly, you or (said client) should be able to configure what ever you like as long as it doesn't require full kernel access i.e pfsense or the like, the hostnode has been online for a number of weeks and we do have monitoring in place should something go wrong with more than a single VM not sure how long you've been around here for but we have been since 2010 still here 5 years later.

The error isn't on our side the VM was suspended.

• LeeLee Veteran

Jumping to all sorts of conclusions based on what?

EDIT - Ok, so it seems it was suspended, so @Rapta should be telling us why.

• J1021J1021 Member

Lee said: Take that shit somewhere else.

Yeh, I'm told vpsB is the place for that crap.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:

Are you asking that officially as mod or... ?

• @Maounique said:

He's no longer a mod (that I know of).

edited March 2015

@eddynetweb said:
    He's no longer a mod (that I know of).

well, that is what I thought too, but he seems to act like one, so, maybe he still makes the policy around here or something along that line even if not deleting posts anymore.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Maounique said:

I am saying there is no place for your political comments in this thread, go take it to to the pit where it belongs, if it even belongs in there.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
    edited March 2015

That was no political comment, I pointed out that someone supporting a dictator that considers countries legitimate targets for nuclear strikes because they take steps to defend from them is unlikely to be a nice person and you need to expect some typical behaviour from his part. I mean, nobody in their right mind will even consider supporting incinerating millions of civilians, for any reason, for that matter.
    It was a comment regarding the guy, not the politics. Supporting people advocating mass murder is not politics, is a psychological or psychiatric issue.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Maounique said:

I'm pretty sure @Lee was just saying that it doesn't belong in a thread titled "VMbox.co - waiting for a ticket reply?" - which seems reasonable...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • VMBox has been one of my most reliable services.

• LeeLee Veteran

I take it @rapta has not responded because he realises he was wrong otherwise a rebuttal would have been posted. An open apology to the provider would be a gesture at least.

• NdhaNdha Member

LOL..now OP didn't reply again for about 24 hours maybe

maybe vmbox must open thread "rapta, is it deadpooled??"..

• blackblack Member

Rapta confirmed deadpooled.

@Rapta we're still waiting for a ticket response from you.