Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to buy Wordpress auto installer , simplescripts installtron softaculous
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to buy Wordpress auto installer , simplescripts installtron softaculous

DrewDrew Member
edited March 2015 in General

Hello there, I'm looking to purchase a lifetime license for one click installers on 4 of my my VPS. The main purpose is to install maintain and back up multiple Wordpress websites.

• Please PM me with your reasonable offer and the license terms including validity, after purchase you will transfer full rights of ownership to us the purchaser. I am primarily using Ubuntu, but might consider another VPS if it works out. Help in setting it up would be great as well.

Also if you have other licenses or components that you think go well, feel free to let me know.

I cannot figure out how to get virtualmin working to install Wordpress, is there a component for this?

please vote on the 1-click Installer for Ubuntu VPS
  1. Which one do you like, and feel free to post why (support) etc.22 votes
    1. Softaculous
      72.73%
    2. Installatron
        9.09%
    3. Simplescripts
        0.00%
    4. Virtualmin
      18.18%

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I don't believe any of the major one click installers offer one click licenses, at least last time I checked.

• DrewDrew Member

I have used them on various 3rd party sites, all of them offer Wordpress install, backup, delete and restore

• Love Softaculous, I just buy yearly licenses for them though.

• DrewDrew Member

The Softaculous UI looks good I agree, but if it breaks, the support does not come through with them, when I was unable restore a backup. It corrupted the DB... not sure if this happens with others.

@HyperSpeed said:
    Love Softaculous, I just buy yearly licenses for them though.

• I've never had Softaculous break within years of using it. I never really relied on it for backups but I've used them in the past and they've been good, I've always completely uninstalled something before applying a backup though so that it was a fresh install.

• @Drew said:
    The Softaculous UI looks good I agree, but if it breaks, the support does not come through with them, when I was unable restore a backup. It corrupted the DB... not sure if this happens with others.

I bought the lifetime license for $70 and it has been great.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

apt-get install nginx php5-fpm mysql-server mysql-client

mysql -p < databasename_backup.sql

mysqldump -p databasename > databasename_backup.sql

Thanked by 3Traffic jar lazyt
  • @Drew how about Tuxlite, it is free, no web interface though, and have a script to simply install wp: http://www.tuxlite.com/

• AndriAndri Member

Try Webuzo from Softaculous.

• DrewDrew Member

@4n0nx wow thats pretty awesome, did you see easyengine... yours is short and sweeter. I wonder why there hasnt been a UI installer for WP.

If I had some linux/python scripting help, I could build the UI and we can open source it... but I dont have the linux background, coming from a windows background mostly :)

@4n0nx said:
    apt-get install nginx php5-fpm mysql-server mysql-client

mysql -p < databasename_backup.sql

mysqldump -p databasename > databasename_backup.sql

• DrewDrew Member

@godong said:
    Drew how about Tuxlite, it is free, no web interface though, and have a script to simply install wp: http://www.tuxlite.com/

@godong another great recommendation, wish I could thumbs up you on this. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, I wish they worked with directmin or virtualmin (the free cpanels, but it seems like only http://tuxlite.com/faq/ paid versions)

Can you tell me if it will auto update security, or can I add it to multiverse, and it keeps update automatically... how does it keeps up with WP upgrades?

• @Drew it works fine with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, I'm using it right now. It uses distro packages for installation (using apt-get), not from source, so you setup unattended updates in Ubuntu, then it will be auto updated.

As for WP, when you setup a new domain, it pulls the latest WP from the WP repo, so you always started with an up-to-date WP, after that, it is your responsibility to update it (or to setup auto update with WP), it doesn't track WP changes/updates.

• ztecztec Member

Softaculous / Webuzo fan. It feels like they're the best at a very low price.

• this is simple you want a owned lifetime license for Softaculous they cost $75 for VPS server.

Thanked by 1Drew