Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the amount that you spend per month for hosting services? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is the amount that you spend per month for hosting services?

Comments

• to f*cking much

• 3.50/m

• sc754sc754 Member

About £7 a month for a few cheap yearly VPN vps's an online Kidechire and an ovh atom

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

For personal services only around $60 per month now, down from 3x that last year. On the business side in terms of what I am ultimately liable for, a significant sum.

• Around $30-35 a month.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited March 2015

$67/yr lol. Someone else is paying for the EDIS box and I outsourced my Online box. I could get rid of one $15/yr box actually.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

My in-use servers: $65 for my dedi, $14/quarter for my MCH box, $7/month for my VPSDime storage box.

~$77/month for my personal stuff.

• emgemg Veteran

I am paying $10 per month total for three LowEnd VPSs. One is KVM with 512 Mbyte RAM, the other two are OpenVZ with 1 Gbyte RAM. Disk space ranges from 10-60 Gbytes, and bandwidth 1 Tbyte for all of them. Two are monthly, the other is annual.

Two of the three VPS providers sold their businesses to much larger firms. None of them are in their original physical locations, but the moves resulted in VPSs with better performance.

I lucked out with these VPSs because I signed up just when the providers were just starting up. Furthermore, they have grown into reliable companies. Unfortunately, they no longer offer the bargains that I got. I appreciate that they continue to keep my VPSs active at the "grandfathered" rates.

Other LowEnd VPSs have not done as well, and I dropped them for one reason or another. I guess you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a few princes.

I am not sure that the LowEnd market still offers the same opportunities that I found a few years ago, when I first started looking into VPSs. Prices are somewhat higher, and the VPSs in the lowest price range come from truly awful providers with documented histories of terrible customer service. By customer service, I mean initial provisioning and a reasonable level of operational reliability. Outages should be extremely rare and relatively brief, no matter how low the price point.

• between riding on free credit and bonus credit offers I'm effectively paying $3/mth for about the next 8 months for 3 KVM vpses.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited March 2015

I spend $80/year for VPSes.

• edited March 2015

$70-60USD/mo + ~$17/3 months

I have a feeling when my free DO runs out, I will be paying a bit more....

Would save $10 if skids would stop having a DDOS-fest :P

• @Steven_F said:
    A lot more than most people here! :P

More than I wanted to.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited March 2015

@cociu said:
    as the title says .. ?

Way more than I should. And in part you are responsible of that :)

Around 19 VPSs and a reseller account. Won't say the price, but they're worth it.

• cociucociu Member

@Traffic i am glad to be guilty

• around $60 a month

• ~ $35 per month. that includes $20 for dedibox Lt 1115 that I don't really use. so , if I drop it will come down to fifteen.

• $180 per month.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

A lot. I tried to calculate some of it over at VPSBoard, but left out much. Let's just say I don't want to think about it, I just pay it.

• earlearl Member

$140/mo in CAD

• At least $300 USD/mo - and probably a couple hundred in yearlies.

Could definitely run my business sites leaner (on a pair of dedis and a few VPS's) - but the side income more than pays the VPS/Dedi/Colo bills + hardware, and it gives me a nice playground for side stuff.

• About $60/mo, and $40 of them is for nothing:-(

Definitely need a rehab.

• 35usd /mo

2 vps

one with cpanel

• rokokrokok Member
    edited March 2015

~ $150/mo includes many idle vps and 2 dedicated server :D

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

~ $166 per month for private usage (Financed with Majestic12) :D

• Around $70 / month.... around $55 are not used for anything

Time to get rid of some of them I guess

• NomadNomad Member

Around 30€ for hosting, vpn, seedbox and backup server for Plesk.

• D3vilD3vil Member

70 €

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited March 2015
    • 2 online.net kidechire = 4,50
    • 1 online.net limited e3 box = 22
    • OVH KS1 500G N2800 old offer = 4
    • VPS: Castlegem, 2* Prometeus, Ultravps(.eu), Hosthatch, Onepoundwebhosting, ITL DC, Vstoike ~15eur

~45€/month + ~10€ on average for yearly VPS or dedis, that I only buy to ssh into them once, then cancel them :D

Probably I can do everything on that new online limited box, but I like the feeling of having ressources in many parts of the world.

• zevuszevus Member

about $100 a month here, about to cut that to $40 or so though

• $100/year but next year only $50-80/year.