Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH KVM TEMPLATES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH KVM TEMPLATES

Hello All first off i would like to thank everyone on this board its even though i never actually registered until now i cant thank you enough for all the great info.

i have an issue i am hoping someone can help me solve a while back a gentlemen i found on this board helped me get this issue solved. the issue i have is KVM templates on ovh don't work due to the networking somehow i know there is a way to make these work and add your own networking script on there can anyone please help and guide me in the right direction?

i have purchased a new ovh server and i am running into he same issue the templates wont work ISO don't work ether i have to manually go in there and add the network info my self.

Again thank you guys.

Comments

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited March 2015

Let try with @virtualizor . they are very perfect with KVM.

• hey Jazz1611 i have a solusvm set up :(

• how hard would it be to migrate ?

• Great now you guys opened up another can of worms :) i have no issues with solus except that templates wont work on ovh. :( like a said someone i found here helped me before but i guess he is super busy i have tried to contact him a few times and no answer.

• @mjwebexperts virtualizor provide template OS and autoconfig network (DHCP) on VM very easy. you can contact to them.

• thanks @jazz1611 i will wait to see if anyone else can help as i am really conferrable with solus at the moment.

• oh, ovh provides kvm templates too?

• All my SolusVM templates work on OVH. There is something you have to do to make it work and now that escapes me.. so don't give up, I know there is a way. I'll see if I can figure it out, it was really easy. OpenVZ is a lot easier though.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited March 2015

Never had any issue using SolusVM with OVH

Always make sure you set the vMAC for every IP Address and set the MAC Address of the VPS accordingly.

Always make sure the netmask is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is in the same subnet as the Nodes IP. but with .254 on the end. and another suggestion is to use the same DNS resolver as what OVH use.

Regarding the Networking the only Operating Systems you will have issues with is Linux. how ever I do believe that Windows works fine without any modifications needed. such as the ifcfg-route0 script for Centos. If you are still having issues then you will need to configure the Operating System manually or contact someone to make you scripts that will automate the specific routing changes that OVH require you use to avoid the IP being blocked by OVH.

Here is a guide to get the networking working within a Bridged Network

http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient

• Hello @clamhost @FalconInternet @century1stop thanks guys i use the solus templates and yes ovz works well no need to do anything but all my nodes run KVM @clamhost can you please point me to who can help with making custom scripts for me ? for cent os ubuntu ect i am pretty good on the windows end these always work.

• Also forgot to add is just templates i have issues with bridge ect everything else is set up correctly just the automation process of the templates is the issue.

• mjwebexpertsmjwebexperts Member
    edited March 2015

@MCHPhil was the gentlemen that helped me before but i think he is super busy and does not reply anymore witch is understandable :( am just sure this is something that alot of us face with OVH.

• Simply uncheck "configure networking" for your templates if you want to make them work with OVH. Other way is using Virtualizor which is recommended for OVH as SolusVM have no official support for OVH as of now, you can just hope that they will implement routed network configuration for OVH in SolusVM v2.

@MCHPhil has a script do it all as well, if you ask him nicely then I am sure he will help you :)

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2015

@clamhost said:
    Never had any issue using SolusVM with OVH

Always make sure you set the vMAC for every IP Address and set the MAC Address of the VPS accordingly.

Always make sure the netmask is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is in the same subnet as the Nodes IP. but with .254 on the end. and another suggestion is to use the same DNS resolver as what OVH use.

Regarding the Networking the only Operating Systems you will have issues with is Linux. how ever I do believe that Windows works fine without any modifications needed. such as the ifcfg-route0 script for Centos. If you are still having issues then you will need to configure the Operating System manually or contact someone to make you scripts that will automate the specific routing changes that OVH require you use to avoid the IP being blocked by OVH.

Here is a guide to get the networking working within a Bridged Network

http://help.ovh.co.uk/bridgeclient

Actually the netmask for failover IPs always has to be 255.255.255.255

• @fametel thanks for the info and yes he has a script i contacted him before and he helped but like i said seems he is super busy :( i think i tried unchecking the configure networking options will try again. also all networking is configured correct at least i got that part down :)

• @fametel do you use Virtualizor ? i forgot to ask

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited March 2015

There's two things if you haven't moved from SolusVM:

cd /tmp;
    wget -N http://files.soluslabs.com/solusvm/fixes/fixupdate.sh;
    sh fixupdate.sh

If it's still an issue you need to sort their bridge out:

One reason why I hate OVH + OpenVZ/KVM and KVM+Hetzner

A good tutorial from Fametel is here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/36845/kvm-on-ovh-sys-using-recommended-configuration-with-virtualizor-solusvm

edited March 2015

@mjwebexperts said:
    fametel do you use Virtualizor ? i forgot to ask

Yes but I do not offer hosting services to public as all those nodes run game servers for a non-profit gaming community that I am member of.

• got ya @fametel how are the back ups ?

edited March 2015

@mjwebexperts said:
    got ya fametel how are the back ups ?

As all of our VMs are very big in terms of size, we rely only on R1Soft to back up every VM in a remote location. But some of the other people who use Virtualizor's backup system have told me its fine & they have never had any issues.

• ok great i will wait and see i hope someone can help as it would be a pain to move away from solus