Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using servdiscount ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using servdiscount ?

found info about them in comments here on LET but not too much, to make a decision.
has anyone bought servers there ?
found some comments about problems with abuses while they suspended server in a moment even without explanation.

we r searching for cheap dedi for white sites, does they reliable for this ?

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

yeah, i found their website few days ago and the prices it seems pretty cheap. but i heard they had bad recommendation

• FalzoFalzo Member

it is another brand of 'myLoc managed IT AG' which are operating a DC in düsseldorf/germany.
    webtropia also belongs to them, so just do a bit of research on myloc & webtropia and you should be able to find a lot of (probably mixed) reviews ;-)

• iSkyiSky Member

@falzo is it bad or good ?

• AmitzAmitz Member

Both, Hetzner and Online.net, would be better and cheaper.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@iSky said:
    falzo is it bad or good ?

tbh, I can't tell any first hand experience about, as I don't have a service with any of their brands... as far as I remember they're in the (at least german) market for a long time. if I remember right webtropia once was a brand of 'fastIT' which than where bought by myloc.

they had their issues as one can read in some threads on the net ( http://forum.webhostlist.de/erfahrungen-mit-anbietern/112860-webtropia-erfahrungen.html ) but doesn't say a lot about how it's working out today.

their servdiscount offer is probably a simple bargain bin of used server from webtropia or myloc itself for low prices...
    I would guess thats nothing bad, like on all other providers too. so it comes down to the support they offer on their service and maybe performance of their network - which I am not able to tell about as mentioned...

AFAIK @ZweiTiger has/had services with webtropia, maybe he can tell something about their network and/or support as it may be comparable to what one could expect from servdiscount...

• I use the smallest dedicated server there and it runs fine. No problem so far.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited March 2015

You can't expect much for the price.

I was originally considering myLoc/Webtropia/Servdiscount as well, but there's simply just way too many mixed reviews out there. Eventually I ended up going with Accelerated IT/IP-Projects and I can't complain.

• mortzu said: I use the smallest dedicated server there and it runs fine. No problem so far.

how long did you use ther services ?

Amitz said: Both, Hetzner and Online.net, would be better and cheaper.

not cheaper for the same specs, but i agree - they are good

• I can't agree with the people that claim hetzner and online.net to be better, especially online.net.
    Most negative reviews for myloc usually comes from the clients that they have in the gameserver range or for their inredibly bad vps range.
    However, the dedicated servers they offer have always been fine, with good network uptime and speed. Can't say the same for online.net, who have packet loss every second weekend.
    Support for the dedicated servers is also pretty knowlegable and fast, I'd show you some tickets if they wouldn't auto-terminate accounts if you don't renew your server anymore.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2015

Yeah I use them for a few random bits, the support is fast at all times of the day and has understandable English, network isn't the best in the world, don't expect much above 300Mbps but it is unlimited.

They do have a 30 day money back guarantee, so I guess you can try them out!

• I had a gameserver with them for almost a year without problems, and now a i7-3770@Servdiscount. Only problem I had with it was that it didn't came up after a reboot, opened a ticket and it got solved in under an hour.

• @linuxthefish 300Mbps is pretty good. Better than SoYouStart IMO

• comXyz said: Better than SoYouStart IMO

sys gives gigabit on down though. 250mb on up

• comments looks pretty good
    i'll try to test their service..hope they will be good

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2015

They are seeing the implications of offering unlimited gigabit I think, I don't see much more than 100Mbps upload on both my servers with them.

To DO NL:

[ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 130 MBytes 109 Mbits/sec

To DO UK:

[ 3] 0.0-10.1 sec 45.9 MBytes 38.2 Mbits/sec

To Online.net Paris:

[ 3] 0.0-10.2 sec 14.1 MBytes 11.6 Mbits/sec

To OVH RBX:

[ 3] 0.0-10.1 sec 15.5 MBytes 12.9 Mbits/sec

• Contact their support, I know someone who had similar problems and got it solved + a recurring price reduction.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • zevuszevus Member

@iSky said:
    yeah, i found their website few days ago and the prices it seems pretty cheap. but i heard they had bad recommendation

well, i'd recommend them. if you know what you're doing, you should be fine. if you have any problems, you'll get a LARA hooked up for an hour or two and then if you can't solve whatever it is, well, I guess you have to pay them for 'hands on' service? i don't know, i've only needed the LARA twice in 3 years or so, and was always easy to solve problem

as for hetzner vs online.net, I have speed issues to online.net in the evening myself, but it seems like most other people don't... eg I can open one FTP session to hetzner and hit my whole 10Mbps from my home connection, but on online.net, it takes 8-10 connections to use 10Mbps. this usually occurs from around 8pm EDT til midnight EDT.

but, then, if i'm doing something on the server, like, say, torrenting (cough), the speeds still appear OK. maybe it's just because most of the connections are to other servers in europe, though.

online.net (and oneprovider, which resells their equipment), the highest I've gotten is around 40MB/s upstream, on Hetzner on... hmm... I think seven different machines now, I've always been able to hit at least 80MB/s, and on all but one, 100MB/s+... Burst, anyway. I've never tried to sustain it for more than 20 or 30 seconds.