Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Ideas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Ideas

Hey everyone,
I've read a lot on this forum about what to do with your VPS, but I feel I need special advice from everyone in my situation. So, I got 20$ free on digital ocean, and I want to test it out.
Ideas:
-Game Server
-TeamSpeak Server
-Web Server
Do you think Digital Ocean's lowest and second lowest play could handle this? If you have any other ideas, please tell me them.
Thanks!
MarzShine

Comments

• In case of pay-as-you-go services like DO hosting, you can try several uses, still keeping most of your funds left for actual use. Just try - who is, save yourself, able to offer what would suit you?

• LeeLee Veteran

MarzShine said: I feel I need special advice from everyone in my situation.

Huh? Rather than asking what others think you should install why don't you just fire up a VM and install what you want to install.

In Fact why not try out all the things you suggested and find out for yourself what a $5 box is capable of.

• wychwych Member
    edited March 2015

@Lee said:
    In Fact why not try out all the things you suggested and find out for yourself what a $5 box is capable of.

+1, learn by doing.

@MarzShine Plus with DO for example if you do struggle you can always up the spec easily and then destroy/snapshot when your done testing.

Thanked by 1Lee