Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HUBIC Storage - - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HUBIC Storage -

2»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Nomad said: moving files, renaming files was torture as well. Again, fuse...

Nothing inherent to FUSE prevents you from moving or renaming files through it. From what I understand it's either a limitation in hubicfuse (this particular piece of software, not FUSE in general), or the API exposed by hubiC, that you may not be able to rename or move files without a full re-upload.

• TarZZ92 said: it's only via the web interface though. the system clients are not limited

I only use the web interface to upload and not noticed any limits? Will try command line hubic and hubicfuse later, but I don't like the idea of it syncing all my stuff back home.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I only use the web interface to upload and not noticed any limits? Will try command line hubic and hubicfuse later, but I don't like the idea of it syncing all my stuff back home.

The system client have other options - you can in fact prevent this from happening and use it only to backup some folders in of your computer.

• KupolKupol Member

Any tips on how to use hubicfuse with rsync?

Rsync sometimes throws rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket

I tried running it with -W and -O because it was throwing some error about dates on folders and stuff like that.

cp sometimes gives me an error saying that a file doesn't exist.

• FalzoFalzo Member

as written above it's nothing about fuse, but mostly about how the underlying swift-storage is designed. if I remember correctly instead of using -O you could try --no-times ...

• linuxthefish said: but I don't like the idea of it syncing all my stuff back home.

use the archive mode(backup). that's what i use. it does not require sync on every machine then. it's a clever idea

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I bought the 10TB package last night and can't see any limits.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2015

rmlhhd said: I bought the 10TB package last night and can't see any limits.

limits are for the web version only! (although unofficial)
    i also noticed when you are downloading larges files (1GB+) via the web site sometimes downloads randomly stop and do not resume

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • @linuxthefish said:
    but I don't like the idea of it syncing all my stuff back home.

You can select which folders you sync in the desktop client.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    I wonder who will be the first smart ass to buy the 5EUR per 10TB hubic storage account and start reselling it at 5EUR per 1TB, wrapping it with a different API.

Funny, I thought of that:

Buy a package, and resell backup to my clients xD

Hahaha

Thanked by 2rds100 yomero
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited March 2015

A response to amazon's offer for unlimited storage? I think so.

@black any links you can refer, I'm thinking of signing up for S3 as well.

• Is the Amazon offer US residents only? I tried to login via my amazon account as prompted and it's trying to palm me off with unlimited photo storage

• @rm_ said:
    Nothing inherent to FUSE prevents you from moving or renaming files through it. From what I understand it's either a limitation in hubicfuse (this particular piece of software, not FUSE in general), or the API exposed by hubiC, that you may not be able to rename or move files without a full re-upload.

They use OpenSUSE...so moving = reupload + delete.

Good for storage, bad for occasional usage...

edited March 2015

Kupol said: Rsync sometimes throws rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket

Yeah it does "crash" like that for me too from time to time. I just restart the syncing process and the upload proceeds normally.

cnbeining said: They use OpenSUSE...so moving = reupload + delete.

Probably you mean OpenStack (Swift).

• I actually work on Swift, so I know a bit more about it. They are using a strange auth system but after you get your key you can send copy requests.

Either a PUT to the new location with a X-Copy-From header, or a COPY from the old location with a X-Copy-To Header. After this you can issue a DELETE.

Another way depending on how you want the renaming to go is Container sync.
    A PUT on an existing container with X-Container-Sync-To with the full path to copy too and then a PUT with X-Container-Sync-Key to the source and destination container and they will start copying but this only changes the container name.

edited April 2015

Something I discovered, hubicfuse currently can't be used with rsync with files larger than 2GB. It splits them into "segments", and then (on the next mount?) will show the file as a directory with a set of numbered files inside it. On the next update pass the rsync of course won't be happy about such turn of events, and will try to nuke all of that and reupload the actual file.

Until hubicfuse is updated to always display segments "transparently", you need to disable segmenting, e.g. put into your .hubicfuse (do not split until 10GB, was enough for me as I don't plan to upload any files larger than ~8GB):

segment_above=10737418240

On the other hand, segmenting was there for a reason, and I have not tested what size is accepted in a single piece without segments. Probably not much higher than 2GB, or maybe 5GB, remember seeing that figure mentioned somewhere in their forum or ToS.

• so rsyncs been working for you? aslong as it been below 2 gb size? ive been having a hell of a time just getting files to copy. the only thing that's been working for me so far is using mc and copy files one by one. anything more than that just fails.. any other info you have in your .hubicfuse?

• KupolKupol Member

I recommend using rclone for copying data to your hubicfuse mount point.

• yeah rclone fails aswell, thanks for the info. im not sure whats going on with my setup. even the webapp throws a fit.

• DevilDevil Member

TarZZ92 said: you cannot get much cheap than 5 euro for 10TB!

Use it for data that is not at all important. It's cheap, no doubt. But OVH means ZERO support. And I mean zero, not close to zero.

Devil said: OVH means ZERO support. And I mean zero, not close to zero.

Must be convenient to always live by stereotypes you learned years ago, why bother ever reconsidering an opinion, why do bothersome things such as going to the Hubic forum, see people asking questions, see them receive responses from support within 1-2 days. Why do all that when you can simply repeat your "ZERO and I mean ZERO ZERO!!!111" on LET, and even make yourself look "knowledgeable" in the process.