Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XFuse Solutions Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XFuse Solutions Review

2»

Comments

• @MikeSpears said:
    Look. At the end of the day, I'm a customer of XFuse first, and an acquaintance of Duke 2nd. If you don't like my review, delete it, and ban me if you so desire. Duke has not compensated me whatsoever for this review nor has he asked me to write it. I really don't care about my membership here, as I'm not even part of the low-end side of the industry outside of having services with low-end providers. If this is the case, I can't ever post a single review, as I'm friends or acquaintances with a number of providers in the industry, especially in the higher end dedicated server/colo sector of the hosting industry.

You're friends with people in the hosting industry? Well so are a lot of us. That just means we all have to try harder and post more details when you post a review if you don't want to be seen as a shill. If that's so hard to accept, why bother posting a review in the first place? Your current "review" isn't helpful at all to potential customers, and includes no relevant information about the actual service outside of "o I likey support berry gud". Post an actual review and I'm pretty damn sure all/most of the shill comments will stop.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @Jonchun said:

I've actually revised the review a bit, and will be completely re-writing it some time this evening.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikeSpears said:
    I've actually revised the review a bit, and will be completely re-writing it some time this evening.

I wouldn't bother mate, you've got no credibility in terms of impartiality. No-one is going to take what you write on board, so don't waste your time.

• HM-PhillHM-Phill Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    I wouldn't bother mate, you've got no credibility in terms of impartiality. No-one is going to take what you write on board, so don't waste your time.

Full Disclosure: Michael and I have known each other personally for a while and have worked together.

First of all Nekki, how about you stop feeding us "hot air". Michael is not and will never be a shill. Unlike some other individuals who have left the industry by exiting stage left quite hastily. So just because Michael didn't include a couple details (eg. pricing) doesn't make a shill or liar. I am tired of seeing people write reviews and immediately getting jumped on because they have a relationship with the reviewee or their upstream. I understand everyone is attempting to keep everyone honest however some of the approaches I witness are just deplorable.

Let stop acting like kids (... G ...) and act like the adults that some of us are.

• Why is one server is shown as being registered on March 21st and the other on February 3rd, weeks before actual news of Xfuse Solutions's plans to buy their client base even surfaced? They were still in the early process of making a deal at that point in time, so how were you able to transfer over weeks ahead if you were still a GVH customer?

• @hellogoodbye said:
    Why is one server is shown as being registered on March 21st and the other on February 3rd, weeks before actual news of Xfuse Solutions's plans to buy their client base even surfaced? They were still in the early process of making a deal at that point in time, so how were you able to transfer over weeks ahead if you were still a GVH customer?

Because things happen before things get publicly announced.

• The one from February 3rd was direct with XFuse Solutions, LLC prior to the GVH acquisition. You do realize that I sold servers prior to the GVH stuff, right?

• LeeLee Veteran

MikeSpears said: I really don't care about my membership here

Don't post again and don't log back in then.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • HM-PhillHM-Phill Member, Host Rep

• emgemg Veteran

@USSH_PhillF said:

Full Disclosure: Michael and I have known each other personally for a while and have worked together. [...] Michael is not and will never be a shill.

That may be true, but Michael (@MikeSpears) posted many times in support of Duke/XFuse during the recent, extensive "GVH customers acquired by XFuse" thread. "Shill" may be the wrong word, because I doubt that Michael has a financial interest in XFuse, but "fanboy" might be appropriate.

It is good to support one's friends. At the same time, it is hard to claim that a review is impartial when you have had a public and obvious friendship with the owner of the provider that is the subject of the review.

People here are looking for unbiased, impartial reviews from disinterested third parties. With sincere respect, Michael's posts in other threads prior to this review take away any sense that Michael is an impartial, disinterested third party for most readers here, and he has been called out on it. No amount of additional information or review editing can change that.

Thanked by 2Lee Mark_R
  • USSH_PhillF said: . I am tired of seeing people write reviews and immediately getting jumped on

What review? The 3 lines @MikeSpears wrote about the server provided by his buddy that basically just read "this is a good server and you should buy one too"?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

USSH_PhillF said: First of all Nekki, how about you stop feeding us "hot air".

Eh? I stated a fact. Mike has no credibility with respect to impartiality regarding XFuse, whether you like it or not. Also, shit pun. Come up with something that's not in my sig next time.

USSH_PhillF said: Michael is not and will never be a shill.

No-one accused him of such, did they? His association with Duke is well known.

USSH_PhillF said: So just because Michael didn't include a couple details (eg. pricing) doesn't make a shill or liar.

Again, no-one claimed he was. Proof was just requested of ownership, as it is in all cases of dubious/poor reviews. It's in the rules and everything, although I appreciate rules aren't your strong point as you failed 3 times in a row to post an offer that complied with them.

USSH_PhillF said: I am tired of seeing people write reviews and immediately getting jumped on because they have a relationship with the reviewee or their upstream.

It's perfectly legitimate to question a positive review from a known associate/friend of a host. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

USSH_PhillF said: . I understand everyone is attempting to keep everyone honest however some of the approaches I witness are just deplorable.

Examples please.

USSH_PhillF said: Let stop acting like kids (... G ...) and act like the adults that some of us are.

Why is questioning the legitimacy of a review 'childish'?

• LeeLee Veteran

USSH_PhillF said: First of all Nekki, how about you stop feeding us "hot air".

Yeah, @Nekki, your are full of it.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @Lee said:
    Yeah, @Nekki, your are full of it.

You're*

@Nekki said:
    I appreciate rules aren't your strong point as you failed 3 times in a row to post an offer that complied with them.

Holy burn...

• LeeLee Veteran

@Jonchun said:

>

Ima on my phone bro, fat fingers yo, so gtf.

• @Lee said:

:(