Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider/OneCloud back ? Free beta testing - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider/OneCloud back ? Free beta testing

13»

Comments

• Ditto, I wonder if anyone did successfully test this service.

• Yup i did. I wonder if the discount is also valid for the smaller plan or only for upgrades, so higher plans. When I tried switching plans today it didnt work.

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2015

spammy said: I just got the invoice today asking me to pay 7.50, interesting enough I never really received the email notifying me there was a VPS created for me, so I guess I wasted a few months of free VPS

Yeah I got the invoice last night...the performance of my Oneprovider Cloud VPS has been decent but at $7.50 for 1GB and 1 CPU and not really any special features (the control panel is pretty barebone) compared to other offerings like VULTR I'm not sure if I will keep it or not...they just don't seem to offer anything different or better then what other companies have for around the same price. There's also the non-discounted price of $10...why go for that when you could just pickup the $10 offering from Linode or whomever else?

I'm gonna play around with it some more before I decide

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

sin said: at $7.50 for 1GB and 1 CPU and not really any special features

sin said: they just don't seem to offer anything different or better then what other companies have for around the same price.

sin said: you could just pickup the $10 offering from Linode or whomever else

Their offer is a good (or in some cases unique) deal for more exotic locations, such as Mexico, South Africa, Japan or Hong Kong. Remember, the price and specs are the same across all locations.

Thanked by 1sin
  • @spammy said: I just got the invoice today asking me to pay 7.50, interesting enough I never really received the email notifying me there was a VPS created for me, so I guess I wasted a few months of free VPS

Same here. I've never fired up any instance, so what's the invoice for? If they fired one up without my asking, and in a location of their choosing, thanks but no thanks. Bye, bye OneCloud.

• MuZoMuZo Member

@aglodek said:
    Same here. I've never fired up any instance, so what's the invoice for? If they fired one up without my asking, and in a location of their choosing, thanks but no thanks. Bye, bye OneCloud.

From what I understand: signing up to the trial gave the 1GB ram cloud vps plan. If you instance it in a location or not, the plan is still active and thus you are billed.

Anyway you don't have to do anything if you don't want to keep that plan, it gets automatically removed if you don't pay the invoice.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • The oddball locations were nice. The South African one was actually pretty responsive. I'm still on the fence about keeping the service though.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

inthecloudblog said: They told me they owned the whole CP while I showed the the opposite LOL http://i.imgur.com/yMkPA1u.png?1 Edit: Tried "destroying" a VM and takes forever..

Well...

So it does look like they own the infra, they've probably just branded it for whitelabel reselling. Still seems like SolusVM, though, so most likely just a custom frontend.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited August 2015

op-net.com = oneprovider. When you buy from oneprovider the web panel is on op-net.com domain. Yes they seem to use solusvm as backed with a custom integration in their panel.

EDIT: see https://panel.op-net.com/login

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2015

I tried out Mexico City for a while. No SSD, but the network was steady. The only issue I had was that the routing went from Mexico through California and back to Mexico. I am sure that is TelMex routing, but I still do better with Vultr in Los Angeles or Dallas.

• It's open to all now. Prices are essentially identical to Digitalocean

• Don't think it was mentioned anywhere??... but after signing up for the $10 VPS plan, it gave me a $10 credit.

........ though the invoice was $13. Still not quite sure where the extra $3 came from, but paying $3 for one month is better than $10. Guess I'll figure out wtf the $3 is before next month billing.

edited August 2015

zevus said: the invoice was $13.

Maybe you paid for the remaining days in August, + $10 for September. Check the actual invoice, it should itemize the charges.

edited August 2015

With the currency exchange rates varying, their lowest plan now costs 4 EUR, not 5 EUR as before. And I believe if you buy now, you will have locked in the 4 EUR price and will continue to pay the same 4 EUR until you cancel, no matter how the Euro to USD rate changes in the future.

In other news, all Asian locations (HK/SG/JP) are unsurprisingly out of stock, but some of the other interesting ones such as AU/ZA/MX are available.

• Anyone has a test IP for MX? I know it's Softlayer, i'm rather interested how they do that pricing (SWIP should give some infos)

William said: Anyone has a test IP for MX? I know it's Softlayer, i'm rather interested how they do that pricing (SWIP should give some infos)

I posted one earlier in the thread

rm_ said: Mexico 169.57.14.212

• Just want to update a bit, oneprovider JP is not softlayer anymore seems, did MTR earlier to my new built server and it went through asianetcom.net > telstraglobal.net

seilent said: Just want to update a bit, oneprovider JP is not softlayer anymore seems, did MTR earlier to my new built server and it went through asianetcom.net > telstraglobal.net

Well why not post the IP then, at least without the last number.

• tamicrealotamicrealo Member
    edited November 2016

@myshahrul said:
    JP location.

Hi, can I get JP ip PM please

@rm_ said:

seilent said: Just want to update a bit, oneprovider JP is not softlayer anymore seems, did MTR earlier to my new built server and it went through asianetcom.net > telstraglobal.net

Well why not post the IP then, at least without the last number.

please PM JP ip, thanks, gotta grab it if that's decent