Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protected CSGO Server? Here's the story about my current one.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protected CSGO Server? Here's the story about my current one.

QuintenQuinten Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

Hello all,

I've made a post before like this and found a good hosts called Vultr. The server has been running great (performance wise) and costs me $7 a month for a 48 slot csgo server.

Current Vultr box specifications:
1 CPU
1024MB Memory
20GB SSD Disk
2TB Bandwith
KVM

Unfortunately I've been victim of DDoS attacks lately (like 4 attacks a day?). Even for a small non-serious minigame server people tend to DDoS it for either the luls or getting the players to their own servers.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a new server that will have DDoS protection included for not too much money. Its important for me that is has a good CPU and bandwidth, else it will cause lagg which gamers don't like :)

Also srcds uses just 1 core.

Thanks!

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015

̶l̶̶o̶̶c̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶?̶ Europe

• Ginernet
    • BuyVM
    • HostEasy
    • runabove.com
    • Verelox?
    Thanked by 1jmginer
  • Hello,

Have you considered looking at game server hosts such as nitrous networks?

Hope this helps

• QuintenQuinten Member
    edited March 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    ̶l̶̶o̶̶c̶̶a̶̶t̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶?̶ Europe

Prefferable Europe, although if any great offers that are not in Europe then I might choose that. Right now I just care about the DDoS protection and performance.

@haloelite3 said:
    Hello,

Have you considered looking at game server hosts such as nitrous networks?

Hope this helps

No I haven't, gonna check them out, thanks!

• @Quinten said:
    No I haven't, gonna check them out, thanks!

RamNode in NL with Staminus

• @nexmark said:
    RamNode in NL with Staminus

I've been with Ramnode with the csgo server before. Unfortunately the CPU isn't strong enough to handle the server, causing massive lagg spikes. :/

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

BuyVM launched ddos protection with voxility / RamNode with Staminux / RaptorNode maybe able to get you a good deal on this too.

@MonsteR

@Nick_A

@Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @BharatB said:
    BuyVM launched ddos protection with voxility / RamNode with Staminux / RaptorNode maybe able to get you a good deal on this too.

As said before, Ramnode can't keep up with the CPU. Don't know about Voxility or RaptorNode though. Thanks.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Quinten said:
    As said before, Ramnode can't keep up with the CPU. Don't know about Voxility or RaptorNode though. Thanks.

My comment came a bit late :) didnt see the previous one.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited March 2015

@Quinten said:
    Also srcds uses just 1 core.

How'd you come up with that number?

• @george said:
    How'd you came up with that number? :)

Isn't it single threaded? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

• What's the average size of the attacks? If it's above 20gbit attacks, I can filter you through Voxility, otherwise I can filter through OVH.

• irmirm Member
    edited March 2015

Try NFOServers. They have a location in Frankfurt if you're looking for EU.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited March 2015

@Quinten said:
    Isn't it single threaded? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

SRCDS on it's own can't make use of more than a single thread, the actual game (CSGO) on the other hand can and will use the available cores, which should improve the overall performance.

Either way, 48 slots with this setup is simply not enough. I've few suggestions, feel free to message me.

• bersybersy Member

If Xen is OK, check Dediserve (in AMS location) offers link1 or link2

HostHatch (Staminus) in LA/AMS.

• I would personally still go with a game server company. Although they may be more expensive you will have free access to things such as TCAdmin.

You will also be able to easily to prevent against ddos attacks as many companies already have these included.

Hope this helps

• we would be able to do this offer for $7/month

• QuintenQuinten Member
    edited March 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:
    What's the average size of the attacks? If it's above 20gbit attacks, I can filter you through Voxility, otherwise I can filter through OVH.

150mbps, its a low attack, but since there is no DDoS protection :/

@bersy said:
    If Xen is OK, check Dediserve (in AMS location) offers link1 or link2

HostHatch (Staminus) in LA/AMS.

I'll check it out, thanks!

@haloelite3 said:
    I would personally still go with a game server company. Although they may be more expensive you will have free access to things such as TCAdmin.

You will also be able to easily to prevent against ddos attacks as many companies already have these included.

Hope this helps

Yeah, I was thinking about Vilayer. Although I prefer setting up my own server then getting a standard 'game hosting' service.

@MonsteR said:
    we would be able to do this offer for $7/month

Please pm me! :)

george said: SRCDS on it's own can't make use of more than a single thread, the actual game (CSGO) on the other hand can and will use the available cores, which should improve the overall performance.

Either way, 48 slots with this setup is simply not enough. I've few suggestions, feel free to message me.

Hmm, will do! Thanks :)

Fun fact; as of now I got DDoSed again >.>

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Quinten said: As said before, Ramnode can't keep up with the CPU. Don't know about Voxility or RaptorNode though. Thanks.

Is there a ticket ID involved that I can review?

Thanked by 1Quinten
  • @Nick_A said:
    Is there a ticket ID involved that I can review?

Yes, let me PM you ;)

• http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/930060/#Comment_930060 ..

jeez. i suggest that you read your replies?

• @MonsteR said:
    we would be able to do this offer for $7/month

Why does all your documentation look so familiar?

http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=28

@Francisco

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Mark_R said:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/930060/#Comment_930060 ..

jeez. i suggest that you read your replies?

I'm sorry, I had to make decisions. I choose to not get DDoS protection because I don't thought it was worth it. I'm running a 'fun' server with no intensions of becoming commercial or starting to become a community/clan.

Guess thesedays everything is getting attacked. But thanks again for replying, I appreciate it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun said:

Jesus tits on christ people, give credit where it's due or link the source material.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Jonchun MannDude
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited March 2015

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

Seeing that shit literally drained any of their credibility down the drain lol.

Edit: They even edited the BUYVM table names ahhaahaha

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    Edit: They even edited the BUYVM table names ahhaahaha

I'd assume so, that'd be hilariously bad if they didn't.

Francisco