Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Server

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

Hello,

Basically I am looking for a cheap dedicated server for development purposes (Some Status-Pages, BuildBot Master, remote debugging, ...). Also I would like to pay via bitcoin since I currently don't have a PayPal Acc or access to any credit card.

Specs.:

• CPU: Any decent dual/quad
  • RAM: 4GB (or more)
  • SSD Space (Anything)
  • Bandwidth: 150GB
  • Uplink speed: 100mbps
  • 1x IPv4; perhaps IPv6 ?
  • Budget: 18-22$

Is that realistic?

Thanks...

Comments

• KS-2 SSD if you consider Atom N2800 decent enough.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited March 2015

How about this one?

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Edit: sorry didn't see you only have BitCoin

• The original $20 dedicated server:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

• 1.6Ghz+ / 4 Thread

1x 1000GB SSHD

1 IPV4

4GB DDR2 RAM

20 TB Bandwidth 1Gbps

Free Setup

Location France

24$ Month

1.6Ghz+ / 4 Thread

1x 160GB SSHD

1 IPV4

2GB DDR2 RAM

20 TB Bandwidth 1Gbps

Free Setup

Location France

Only On 15$/M

Checkout Here

• @haloelite3 said:
    Hello,

We do not have anything within your price range however please have a look here :)

Hope this helps

~Vacation Private Servers

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SPAMING YOUR SITE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• @MarkTurner said:
    The original $20 dedicated server:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

Do you accept btc and what about ssd ?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

We can do l5520 8gb 256gb SSD
    Unmetered @ 100mbps or 10tb @ 1Gbps ssd for $29

• @key900 said:
    We can do l5520 8gb 256gb SSD
    Unmetered @ 100mbps or 10tb @ 1Gbps ssd for $29

Is it single or dual l5520?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@robohost said:
    Is it single or dual l5520?

It's single cpu if you would dual we have e5520 with 24gb memory for $40 per month

• @OnraHost said:

It is not spamming - it is simply advertising. I am showing what we have to offer

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@haloelite3 said:

• haloelite3 said: We do not have anything within your price range however please have a look here :)

That would be 100% SPAM advertisement. You have nothing of what the OP asked, yet still felt the need to be the first post to show your company.

"Hey I'm looking for a new car..preferably something cheap..toyota or honda start at 15k"..

"Well sir I don't have any Honda's or Toyotas, but I do have some brand new 2015 Porches and Aston Martins in stock at 90k". Thats the exact situation your in.

I literally view EVERY thread you do, yet the difference is I comment when I have: A. Something helpful or B. Something along the same specs asked... When you comment you don't care what the situation is, you just want to get VacationPServers name out (which by the way since I'm being A. Helpful, is the most idiotic name for a hosting company. Are you taking vacations with people servers? leaving with no support? Im confused...Your trying to sell to a market that wants 24/7 support and 100% uptime, but your name conveys the exact opposite of both in peoples minds).

SO literally STOP what your doing. If I get a email list of 100k people who didn't sign up with me, then send a mass email out on hosting....AM I ADVERTISING? OF COURSE. - AM I SPAMING AS WELL? HELL YES!!!

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @OnraHost said:
    SO literally STOP what your doing. If I get a email list of 100k people who didn't sign up with me, then send a mass email out on hosting....AM I ADVERTISING? OF COURSE. - AM I SPAMING AS WELL? HELL YES!!!

The first thing straight - how about the name suggests to customers that having a VPS with Vacation Private Servers gives them the feeling of relaxation much like you receive when on you are on Vacation.

Also the fact that you are being very aggressive in the way you are suggesting needs to be reduced - You are getting very angry on something very small. Every single company big and small will always suggest another approach and that is what I have been doing. Maybe like you said they want is a honda or toyota at 15k but maybe the company can persuade the potential customer to consider buying a nicer car or saving up to purchase a nicer car. Its how business works. One last thing, consider how often you get advertisements from companies like Pizza hut and etc for daily deals. Yes it may be a bit of spam that goes in your junk email folder however it works.

The fact that you are arguing about it on a thread is rather off-putting to everyone. You could of simply private messaged me.

Good bye.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@haloelite3 said:

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited March 2015

@duyan13 - Sorry for derailing your thread :( .. If @MarkTurner can throw in that SSD I would highly recommend them. However if you can be open to a VPS that would get you many more options. If your worried about CPU usage something like @Drserver AbusiveCore lineup would be great.

Also noticed you said "Anything which has good latency to Europe". Providers can go a few ways with that. Where are you primarily looking for it to be hosted? Europe would offer great latency to Europe :p .. While is your looking for something in the US, then east coast would be the way to go.

@haloelite3 said:

First I want to make it appoint I DID say "in my opinion" about your name....now that thats clear:

"the feeling of relaxation much like you receive when on you are on Vacation." - Thats a great way to look at it, unfortunately the name itself doesn't convey that at first glance, nor is that motto anywhere to be found on your site. Would probably be good if you added that to the home page

"getting very angry on something very small" - I'm actually not angry at all! Annoyed, yes a little bit cause I see the same thing from you in every thread...but angry?? Not a chance. The caps lock was simply used to get your attention to that certain point, figuring you would glance over it.

"consider buying a nicer car or saving up to purchase" - That's how business work sometimes. We on a site called LowEndTalk for a reason. The OP also had a few specific specs requests...you failed to realize he asked for quotes (which everybody also provided or offered advice), while you on the other hand pretty much just said "I can't get you anything requested, though please view my site and products at the link below".

"from companies like Pizza hut and etc for daily deals. Yes it may be a bit of spam that goes in your junk email folder however it works." - It doesn't work at all...hence it goes to SPAM/Junk that is rarely ever checked -__-.

More importantly Pizza Hut is NOT SPAM'ing users email addresses at random, its all opt-in emails...so thanks 110% for missing the point I was trying to get across. However going on your theory if Pizza Hut did email me and I did NOT opt in, I would quickly report it as SPAM and not give a second though about ordering pizza hut lol.

"You could of simply private messaged me." - You would of simply ignored the PM or off put it. At least now everybody is aware of your tactics and can come to their own conclusion on it :)

Thanked by 2drserver BharatB
  • duyan13 said: Do you accept btc and what about ssd ?

BTC is fine, we've accepted Bitcoin for nearly 3 years (before it was fashionable).

SSD you can swap out the 500GB for 120GB SSD for $10/month

Thanked by 1duyan13
  • Having a server at Delimiter, I can only mention that $20 is a quarterly price, so that you have to pay $60 at once. If you prefer monthly payments it's $30\m and this price is quite beatable.
    Otherwise it works like a charm, would recommend.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner