Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA FREE dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA FREE dedicated

Hello
I would like to ask you if you know some good reliable providers for real DMCA free dedicated servers in USA or Europe. Budget 80 euros per month. 4 GB ram, dual or quad core.
It will host Asian TV shows.

We have as option ecatel so far.

Thank you.

Comments

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited March 2015

DMCA free? What is that supposed to mean? (Offshore or something)?

• any none puppet state in the EU should be fine

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Means that they will not accept the takedown requests from the copyright holders.

• sc754sc754 Member

Do ovh or online pay attention to DMCA requests?

• tommytommy Member

in US no way, since DMCA is US Law.

Many anime site using privatelayer, maybe you can contact them. If they have cheaper option for dedicated server.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member

What about ecatel ? Any experience with them ?

• AndreiAndrei Member
    edited March 2015

@HWAYS Ecatel don't have such great customer support, they seem to not reply sometimes or are not be too helpful from my experience.

• 8bit8bit Member

@Dillybob said:
    DMCA free? What is that supposed to mean? (Offshore or something)?

Correct. Means offshore hosting.

• bersybersy Member

+1 for Ecatel

• @sc754 said:
    Do ovh or online pay attention to DMCA requests?

Suspend on VPS, nullroute on dedicated if you do not remove content with OVH.

With online.net they forward complaints to you, but they might suspend if you ignore them.

@cociu can do offshore Romania

• cociucociu Member

@linuxthefish thancks , yes i do :)

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Offshore doesn't mean DMCA free. Romania is member of the European Union and I doubt that his data center will not comply DMCA and the EU laws.

• cociucociu Member

@HWAYS do you whant to bet ? i am in Romania and i love my country for this

• @HWAYS said:
    Offshore doesn't mean DMCA free. Romania is member of the European Union and I doubt that his data center will not comply DMCA and the EU laws.

He owns the datacenter!

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

OK, but a data center has an uplink to another provider.
    Anyway, cociu please send me some offers as well.

• cociucociu Member

just posted 10 offers of vps http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/47646/offshore-romania-10-limited-openvz-offer or if you need dedicated please sent me Pm with your requerements.

• Location?

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Some are in the USA as I can see :)

• rokokrokok Member

you need to mention required bandwidth

ecatel is fine, or try global-layer via instantdedicated.com

• global-layer will not ignore any DMCAs and it's single-homed. Plus not cheap at all. Why even bother?

Ecatel is worth a try

Thanked by 1rokok
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member

15 TB should be fine. Thank you.

• Just get a server outside of US, you'll be fine. Snel, Ecatel, Hetzner, all of them usually don't care.

• Snel is a disaster, their billing system is all over the place, they'll suspend you because someone sneezed in the direction of your server.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • D3vilD3vil Member

go with ovh behind cloudflare ... for the first few months you should not have problems

• @D3vil said:
    go with ovh behind cloudflare ... for the first few months you should not have problems

Ok and after few months?

• @D3vil said:

Pretty sure TPB is behind CloudFlare yet. I don't see how you could go wrong.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Cloudflare will happily forward your backend IP address/es to the person who sends any legal abuse requests. Cloudflare will also send an email to your backend provider letting them this incident has happened. Its by no means a why to hide from law enforcement bodies.

• US owned companies or US network carriers that operate "offshore" DCs will tell you to take that crap down. Just because it's "offshore" doesn't mean anything and the EU isn't the great DMCA free zone it's claimed to be. Many US companies operate EU facilities.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Zappie said:
    Cloudflare will happily forward your backend IP address/es to the person who sends any legal abuse requests. Cloudflare will also send an email to your backend provider letting them this incident has happened. Its by no means a why to hide from law enforcement bodies.

+1