Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoreOS cluster node VPSs wanted within 15 milliseconds ping time to Dallas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CoreOS cluster node VPSs wanted within 15 milliseconds ping time to Dallas

industromaticindustromatic Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I'd like to hear quarterly or yearly prices for KVM or XEN VPS's. I'm looking for plans with 512MB or 1GB RAM, 1 X86_64 or AMD64 virtual core, 1GB/s networking, at least 4GB SSD storage, data center close to Dallas. A raid1 mirror of two 4GB SSD drive partitions would be better than a single 10GB SSD.

All I need a control panel to do is allow install from custom .iso or preferably iPXE script. A good test is -- will it boot debian live. Looking for 4 of these that are each in separate physical machines for high availability in case some fail. Want 2 to test out, then 2 more, and if all that works well, maybe some others with a storage of 12GB also in separate machines.

Comments

• How many do you want and how much storage?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@ryanarp might be able to help you.

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanked by 1Rapta
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

What are you willing to pay for 1?

• MarkTurner: "How many do you want and how much storage?" They can have as little as 4GB storage, two for now, probably two more when they test out OK.

matthewvz: Thanks.

bersy: Using vultr.com some. No yearly discount plans -- too cloudy for me.

Radi: Nothing. Transaction costs for a single dollar are over a dollar and a dollar is just a placeholder for value unless you are currency trading.

• Can you PM me the IP you will want to be 15ms from.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I meant for 1 VPS, not 1 dollar :).

• Radi: I think I saw 1? as $1 somehow. I apologize. I am looking for several VPSs and a price like $35/year each would be nice.

• wable.com might be good if they can put VPS's on physically separate machines for me... They offer a resource set you can make 3 VPS's out of: 3 CPU, 2GB RAM, 50GB RAID SSD for $8/month and you can make changes to that group without losing the deal. Hmm... Has throttled SMTP, but probably better than my office connection ISP does.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We can do that with no problems.
    512 MB RAM, 500GB traffic, 2 cores, 10GB pure SSD for 35 usd.
    Each VM on separate machine

XEN HVM and we can mount you any ISO.

Best regards

• industromatic said: wable.com might be good if they can put VPS's on physically separate machines for me

I think Wable uses OpenVZ

• wable.com: We utilize OpenVZ on our infrastructure.
    So much for that!

• So much for that! is me, not a wable comment.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Reading this is a reminder that I dislike DO, Vultr etc in that I cant guarantee physically separate machines...

• @SplitIce said:
    Reading this is a reminder that I dislike DO, Vultr etc in that I cant guarantee physically separate machines...

I don't think that's guaranteed with Amazon or Google or any of the other large cloud providers, either.

• SplitIce: amhoab: Do you use coreos?

• J1021J1021 Member

SplitIce said: Reading this is a reminder that I dislike DO, Vultr etc in that I cant guarantee physically separate machines...

https://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/3859618-deploy-to-physically-separated-hardware

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited March 2015

@industromatic said:
    wable.com might be good if they can put VPS's on physically separate machines for me... They offer a resource set you can make 3 VPS's out of: 3 CPU, 2GB RAM, 50GB RAID SSD for $8/month and you can make changes to that group without losing the deal. Hmm... Has throttled SMTP, but probably better than my office connection ISP does.

It's possible right now by choosing Dallas, SEA, and NYC. We are adding the "diverse node" feature for same city deployments in future.