Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plz Help : URL Cloacking & WHMCS Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plz Help : URL Cloacking & WHMCS Protection

MridulMridul Member
edited March 2015 in Help

Hello,

I am soon going to start my shared hosting focused on ddos ( ddos protected shared hosting segement )

I have 2 domains , mycompany.com , mycompany.net .
I wish to use my mycompany.com for all publlic usage , website and in ads on LET / WHT.
I would Install ( on a separate server ) WHMCS on mycompany.net.

I wish to know is it possible , that my whmcs , installed at mycompany.net/clients/ be used using a url with mycompany.com ( say clients.mycompany.com ) , so that bad guys ( atleast in the first instance ) dont target mycompany.net ?

I dont wish to reveal that whmcs is actually installed on mycompany.net. , so that clients remain in touch even if mycomany.com gets DDOSED or gets offline for some odd reason.

Plz Advise.

Comments

• I don't think I'd buy DDOS protected hosting from someone who can't protect their own site...

Thanked by 1Profforg
  • Why not just use a DDoS protected server like a kimsufi or something?

• @tehdan said:
    I don't think I'd buy DDOS protected hosting from someone who can't protect their own site...

Well said, I have to agree with you , but then this is Exactly about how to define a strategy to avoid this.

DDoS is not really my problem, but i wish WHMCS to be hidden, thats wht my primary concern is. For Experts this might not be useful, but it does give a layer of security.

My WHMCS would already be with a VPS with OVH/Voxility , but im interested in an extra layer of security , if its feasable.

• @nexmark said:
    Why not just use a DDoS protected server like a kimsufi or something?

Thanx for your kind suggestion Nex.

Yes, that will be done. But to prevent hacks and get more secure wont it be better not to reveal the WHMCS url itself ?

The idea popped up, when i was chaning the Admin Folder Name in WHMCS as descibed here : http://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps

if its wise to change the admin folder , why not hide the whmcs url itself ?

• @Mridul said:

I'm sure it isn't necessary to hide the WHMCS URL itself, Just keep your WHMCS Install up to date, keep server up to date.. etc

• What's the point of this? If they ever target the .com, the .com reverse proxy will go down and you still won't be able to access the .net...

• I would highly recommend not to sell things you have no idea about.

Thanked by 2namhuy Mridul
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2015

ssl your domains

use software mitigation for each domain

no worries, regardless what you do bots will find your domains and servers :)