Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to pick a near better low cost affordable vps server for my needs.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me to pick a near better low cost affordable vps server for my needs..

2»

Comments

• NdhaNdha Member

@goodone said:
    timnboys

Are you for real?. I don't know what to say... but I just did a google about your username to see if you are really a famous one. and It showed up. Indexed all over with about your services and sleeping problems...

Yes, he is still new in this league..

but he had 3 good nodes and uptime is good (Atlanta Delimiter,OVH France n Hetzner DE)

timnboys is friendly guy but don't compare it to Oktay's Brand :)

i had windows vm from timnboys in all nodes for my Projects but not for my Productions site

my Productions use BuyVM, drserver and BoltVM

Thanked by 1drserver
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

redacted

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Jonchun. can't blame a guy for trying :-)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @goodone said:
    I used them 6(-2)months and service and server both were great.

I'm not saying the services are bad. Just emphasizing how good the current 6GB for $7/mo deal is. "Downgrading" is only going to lower the specs and not the price.

• I just noticed this.... http://list.lowendserv.net/

Can I get some review from both @ftpit @weloveservers customers

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited March 2015

My suggestion is, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Vpsdime is a decent provider and and for $7/month you really get a good deal, kinda hard to beat for that kind of resource tbh :p

But it's all depend on your content. How much traffic you have per day or month? And how do you plan ahead for your websites? For now, you already use about half of your ram resource. Does 1-2 dollar saving per month, is worth it?

The answer's, all back at you. See your condition as per now, and per later. And how well are you at managing your server and website and do some tweaking and optimization?

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited March 2015

I'm gonna echo what most said here:

your current plan is awesome(obviously oversold, but there is a difference if they are managed properly), Most top 10 provider who has known track record that will have your site up for 100+ days without issue is going to be at the 7 dollar mark once you hit 1gb ram.

Nothing wrong with the rest of the pack, some may be hit, some may be a total disaster. The key is to do as much research as you can, and LET search(top right corner) is usually a good place to start(sometimes google just miss stuff). But before that, ask yourself these questions: are these production site, or just hobby site that can afford to go down for a few hours(or more)? If host goes on holiday for whatever reason(it happens! are you going to curse and moan about it?) Even then a 2-3gb package with 1-2tb will run you at least 5 bucks. anything lower you will have to really dig deep into the company.

Given your situation you may want to look into shared host, I assume most of your overhead is your control panel(since you didn't specify one... but a basic ajenti panel without optimization will eat up quite lot). BuyShared 5gb 10 dollar a year comes to mind if you are not running many/bad/heavy plugin. Even if you purchase 3-4 packages you will still come ahead.

• SadySady Member

@timnboys said:

Didn't you say "SHE" before? Don't worry to edit the post I've screenshots ;)

• @Sady said:
    Didn't you say "SHE" before? Don't worry to edit the post I've screenshots ;)

Don't Worry I have already told ndha behind closed doors.
    So your screenshots mean nothing now. ;)

• SadySady Member

@timnboys said:
    So your screenshots mean nothing now. ;)

Also told something about a positive review behind those closed doors?
    Don't worry but it looks like ;)

edited March 2015

@Sady said:
    Don't worry but it looks like ;)

Let me just tell you something sady either back off sady or get a life as you don't make you feel bigger by making people feel smaller.

• SadySady Member

@timnboys said:

But trust me it feels much better to reveal truths :)

• @Sady said:

Trust me sady you don't want to mess with me.

• SadySady Member

@timnboys said:
    Trust me sady you don't want to mess with me.

Exactly :)

edited March 2015

@Sady said:
    Exactly :)

Well let me just warn you sady you are messing with God's child and he will give you your due on judgement day so you can mock me all you want to but just be a notice you will get your own taste of medicine on judgement day.
    So I refuse to allow you to Bully me so I will not answer your bullying comments anymore and I will hand you over to the Lord who will get you with his justice.

Do not take revenge, dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me. I will pay them back, declares the Lord."

Romans 12:19 niv

• ALL VPS PLANS 50% OFF for limited time E5 servers 128 GB RAM

Gigabit port Promo code: SPRING50

https://mypkhost.com/cart.php?gid=6

• Now since when did LET become sunday school?

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Now since when did LET become sunday school?

It became that when he started bullying me sady did so blame him for bringing it on you.

• @goodone said:

From what I understand it seems like you want to save so money and still be able to host your sites. From my perspective Id suggest two options.

First would be if you still want to host the sites your self. Your going to need to optimize your vps and wordpress installs to be able to squeeze to a lower ram vps. For example switching mysql from innodb, and using caching plugins for wordpress. Your also going to need to worry about security and install fail2ban at a minimum. Plus always keep an eye on whats going on with your vps to make sure its all running ok. Also would recommend that you get a host that is running an actual business and owns their hardware.

Secondly you could just get a shared hosting with a trusted host. They look after almost everything (you should still use a wordpress cache plugin or somthing like cloudflare).

I have one of the buyvm buyshared reseller plans and it runs great and I don't need to worry about it. I would recommend them but you can do your own research and try other hosts.

The main things to look for is that the host is using their own hardware and ips. They have cloudinux installed and you get your own ip address. With cloud linux your basically getting a vps that only be used for hosting. It isolates you in a similar way to openvz, so you don't need to worry about someone else using all the resources of the server.

But with BuyVM they will host you on a great node, a dual hex-core L5639 box with 72GB of RAM, and 8x 1TB SSD. So performance is not an issue and what I host on their runs better then any of my vps's.

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

If you have any questions or concerns, you can always submit an e-mail on our website or contact us using the chat and ask a variety of questions. Also, if you are running into issues with your wordpress setup, we can provide you some suggestions (xcache/memcache/cdn/wp-super cache) which should allow you to handle quite a lot more traffic than before. If you really need it, you could even setup another VPS that runs varnish, and use it to connect to your other server and set yourself up a pretty nice setup for cheap.

But no, unless you are truly dissatisfied, I suggest you stay with your current host. If you are running into speed issues because the servers are over sold, or if you are not getting the responsiveness from the provider that you are looking for, you are welcome to contact us and we'll see if we can't get you setup for cheaper and running better.